Maybe ur comments back up the highest bidder

davidk

IMG_3625.jpg

Go with the full cage. It does the job. I'm adding mine now. Ran with this genright kit in other jeeps looks great and is bulletproof. It's customizable too in that u can delete the arms u don't want.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
View attachment 257860

Go with the full cage. It does the job. I'm adding mine now. Ran with this genright kit in other jeeps looks great and is bulletproof. It's customizable too in that u can delete the arms u don't want.

No offense here, but that is far and above what most people require or need to pay for. I'm sure it's great for you, but for a guy looking for a sub $1K bolt in cage, it seems to me you just like showing off. :hmm:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Maybe if I had a shiny black Jeep and was as badass as you, I'd need something to get the job done. Me, I'm just a mall crawler who never goes wheeling and I can't ever see myself needing a full cage. Also, I'm not real fond of all the noise they make. Thanks for sharing though.

davidk

Like many of use unfortunately I have spent money twice on things that I kept changing. All I'm saying is if serious wheeling is done might as well not compromise safety. I'm sure the other products are well designed but better safe than sorry. Btw the noise is not an issue if done right.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Cage question

Like many of use unfortunately I have spent money twice on things that I kept changing. All I'm saying is if serious wheeling is done might as well not compromise safety. I'm sure the other products are well designed but better safe than sorry. Btw the noise is not an issue if done right.

Have you actually wheeled your jeep or driven it with the new cage? That picture you posted was taken yesterday so I'm curious how you would know if it makes noise? This is the Internet, you should cover all your bases before you make up some story. People can find out more than you think. ;)

davidk

I did drive with cage on other jks. That's why I went with it. The pic was actually a screen shot of an older pic so I could post it. But sure what ever u say bud

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Like many of use unfortunately I have spent money twice on things that I kept changing.

Yeah, I wouldn't know anything about that. I'm new to the whole Jeep thing but maybe one day I'll be as cool as you and have a shop do a mod or two for me.

All I'm saying is if serious wheeling is done might as well not compromise safety. I'm sure the other products are well designed but better safe than sorry.

Well, I suppose if I were half the badass you are, I'd see the need to be safe than sorry and not compromise safety. Not like I've ever seen anything like a JK with a sport cage survive 4 rolls at over 70 MPH on the highway before.

Btw the noise is not an issue if done right.

LOL!! Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not to hijack the thread, but how do stock cages hold up on flops or rollovers?

Mr. Badass will tell you that you're sure to die a fiery death with anything short of having full welded in cage. Me, I can tell you that even the stock roll bar that comes on your Jeep holds up surprisingly well. Add in a "safety compromising" sport cage and you'll be that much more protected. But then, I'm just a mall crawler and you can take what I have to say for what it's worth.

JK2DR

Mr. Badass will tell you that you're sure to die a fiery death with anything short of a full welded in cage.

LOL a full welded in cage is not in my near future! Thinking of a sport cage but would like to sit in a jeep with one installed first

Last edited:

davidk

Yeah, I wouldn't know anything about that. I'm new to the whole Jeep thing but maybe one day I'll be as cool as you and have a shop do a mod or two for me.

Well, I suppose if I were half the badass you are, I'd see the need to be safe than sorry and not compromise safety. Not like I've ever seen anything like a JK with a sport cage survive 4 rolls at over 70 MPH on the highway before.

LOL!! Yeah, you keep telling yourself that.

Thanks for the great comments. You truly made my day with them. Nice to see people get crucified for making a comment on this blog. Ur right I don't devote my life to posting a blog about jeeps and don't know as much as u but didnt expect such a comment especially from the moderator. Maybe a little jealousy is involved with what u say. Or maybe ur angry at the world and look to put others down. Way to welcome people to comment

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks for the great comments. You truly made my day with them. Nice to see people get crucified for making a comment on this blog. Ur right I don't devote my life to posting a blog about jeeps and don't know as much as u but didnt expect such a comment especially from the moderator. Maybe a little jealousy is involved with what u say. Or maybe ur angry at the world and look to put others down. Way to welcome people to comment

:cheesy: The internet must be a tough place for you. It may be wise for you to stay away from the computer. And jealousy....yeah, I'm sure Eddie is jealous that you have something that he doesn't :cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the great comments. You truly made my day with them. Nice to see people get crucified for making a comment on this blog.

:cheesy: Thanks for the great comments. You truly made my day with them too. Always nice to see someone shoot off their mouth as if they actually know what they're talking about and offer absolutely nothing to back it up.

Ur right I don't devote my life to posting a blog about jeeps and don't know as much as u but didnt expect such a comment especially from the moderator.

You are right, I do devote my life to Jeeps and share what I've learned online with others. It's how I've been able to make a successful living and with any luck, I hope to share good information, based on facts and help other save some money. Of course, maybe you need to be an economics professor or something to understand that.

Maybe a little jealousy is involved with what u say.

Only because I could never hope to have a badass Jeep like yours. :yup:

Or maybe ur angry at the world and look to put others down. Way to welcome people to comment

:cheesy: I just now noticed that you signed up over a year ago and of your 9 post, most of them are on this thread. Well, welcome to WAYALIFE. :cool:

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
735f6440bbc7e9a4b597cf75ad451c54fc42939b9ad065d68de7679993e95f6c.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Or maybe ur comments back up the highest bidder.

:cheesy: Right, because economics would teach that the only advice a guy like me could ever provide is one that's influenced by money. Never mind that it is I who would say that a factory roll bar holds up surprisingly well and it is you who have been suggesting that people would die a fiery death without a full weld in cage that costs thousands of dollars. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom