Off Road Capability and Aftermarket Support for the Truck

Rujero

Good afternoon everyone,

I am very interested in the truck version of the new Wrangler. I am not super knowledgeable about Wranglers in general but they seem to have a ton of aftermarket support and their off road capability seems to vary with trim level. This may be an obvious and stupid question to ask, but do you think there will be aftermarket support to increase the truck's off road capability and customization options? Or do you think they will write it off as a lesser Jeep due to it's unique body design? Is it expected that the truck will have various trim levels on which to build or will the truck itself be a trim level?

Thank you for your opinions and comments :)

-r

WJCO

Meme King
Nearly all vehicles made, especially Jeeps, have some level of aftermarket support. I'm sure this one will be just the same.

Rujero

Nearly all vehicles made, especially Jeeps, have some level of aftermarket support. I'm sure this one will be just the same.

See I am coming from a 2009 Jeep Compass Sport 4x4 with 166k miles and a manual 5-speed. I bought it cheap to get me through college and, as an EMT, I have to be able to get to work in any weather. The Freedom Drive on the Compass works well in the snow. I obviously had no intention to go off road, but it seemed as though the Jeep community and aftermarket producers, wrote the Compass off as a fake Jeep and kind of disregarded it. I was wondering if the Truck is more purpose built for hauling things, will aftermarket companies not support it as much?

My plan is to limp along in my Compass until the Truck is available. When is it due to hit show rooms? Spring 2018 I thought I read from one source.

-r

From what we are being told, the truck will essentially be a JL with a bed. Much like the CJ-8 Scrambler was essentially a longer CJ-7. As such, we don't foresee it not sharing similar parts as it's JL brother.

Rujero

You won't see them for order until the fall of 18 if we're lucky

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ah. Thats a shame. Not sure the Compass will make it until then haha. We'll have to see. So far she's holding up, but I've got an issue with the runners in the intake manifold being stuck open due to build up. I don't have the tools or experience to take the manifold off and clean it out. I'm graduating Nursing school this month and the JT is going to be my graduation gift to myself haha. I guess it will be a delayed gift haha.

-r

Top Bottom