Axle Back Exhaust Systems

WJCO

Meme King
Let's hear opinions on axle back systems. Don't see an advantage, but am open to ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Check out Dynomax. Dynomax makes a very good product for the JKs.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?13807-New-AXLE-back-exhaust-system-for-2007-14-Jeep-JK-s

https://www.wayalife.com/showthread.php?31486-Dynomax-axle-back-exhaust

A lot of members here, scrap the old system after the cat and add a high clearance system as well.

Last edited:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I'm not a fan of any exhaust past the rear axle. I can't imagine you'd be picking up much power by replacing the factory can. As WJCO said, it's easier to replace the exhaust past the cat and call it a day.

WJCO

Meme King
Cat back is the way to go, but all have an opinion and some of the mufflers ( that's all they are) do look kinda cool.

If you're just doing it for looks, get some high temp paint and paint the OEM one. As far as practical application for the trails, I would recommend a high clearance style and have it dump before the axle. It will be out of the way of rocks.

R

RockyMtnAnvil

I am running the aFe 49-46219 axle back. I relocated the rear upper shock mounts, which in turn required relocated the sway bar down and back. I wanted something quiet, but with the two door there are relatively few options. It works, isn't all that much louder than stock and does tuck up nicely (not that a few dents and dings on the stock muffler bothered me all that much).

I am running the aFe 49-46219 axle back. I relocated the rear upper shock mounts, which in turn required relocated the sway bar down and back. I wanted something quiet, but with the two door there are relatively few options. It works, isn't all that much louder than stock and does tuck up nicely (not that a few dents and dings on the stock muffler bothered me all that much).

It's called..... Character. Lolololol

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I like the AFE high tuck because it wasn't much louder than stock. My only reason for purchasing it was clearance (after banging up my stock one) as opposed to performance which is never noticeable to me. It cleared all the parts including bypass King shocks which I wasn't sure about at first.

Top Bottom