84 Scrambler

WSDOG

I've owned this Scrambler for almost 10 years now and finally decided to do as a frame off. This was a rust free Scrambler to begin with and when we pulled the body off we still could not find any rust. I sourced a freshly rebuilt 360 from a 91 Wagoneer. He had a comp cam and Edelbrock Manifold put in also. He had just put it in and decided to do a 5.3 Swap. It was built to great specs so custom painted it and had Howell TBI added with an Airaid Filter. I also did some Bulltear covers, Bulltear 360 Billet cap and a custom engine stainless bolt set. I also did a dual Battery Tray plus new Griffin Radiator. Gearing is 4.56 with a 86 Dana 44 and Factory Dana 30. Both built up with ARB Lockers plus a Warn Hub Conversion. I had an freshly rebuilt AX15 so I did keep that which is perfect for the 4.56 Gears. I did the JB Twin Stick conversion Flares have Been Line X'd along with interior. I ordered some custom colored Speed Hut gauges in Copper with Red Dials. I also added a few USB Ports and Billet Dash Knobs. Added the 12 volt guys dual battery switches and remote Winch switch. While the steering column was out I had that done in Line X also along with the door handles and added some Warrior door panels that I had Line X'd. Also had the Dash done in Line X And the grab handle. I basically had everything re powder coated that I could or added new. Tuffy Console and Tuffy Glove compartment. I figure I can only do this once so do it right. The Powder Coat is a custom Rust color. Suspension is an OME YJ Conversion along with OME YJ grease-able shackles with an extra leaf added to the rear plus a 1" Body Lift. 16x8 Black Rock Wheels and 35" MTR's. I had an older rebuilt/refurbished 8274 with synthetic line and added a Baja Designs stealth bar tucked in above the fairlead that is tied into the high beams. Synthetic Rollers were added to keep the regular fairlead. Headlights are the Hella lights along with new rear LED taillights. Front, rear and sliders are all from Rockhard. I had Phoenix Graphics do some custom copper colored Decals also. Installing the Rockhard Front cage now and will run the half top doorless for the summer among with a Vanco Hydro Brake upgrade Kudos to Rockhard for keeping the Scrambler aftermarket alive

Attachments

• IMG_4885.JPG
    IMG_4885.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4890.JPG
    IMG_4890.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_4893.JPG
    IMG_4893.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4894.JPG
    IMG_4894.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_4896.JPG
    IMG_4896.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_4904.JPG
    IMG_4904.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4908.jpg
    IMG_4908.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 86

WSDOG

I guess I am into the old iron as I have a few other projects also

Attachments

• IMG_6559.JPG
    IMG_6559.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_6683.JPG
    IMG_6683.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 75

wjtstudios

Hooked
What a beautiful restoration! And great information on the process. I am undertaking the exact same process this fall on my 85' Scrambler Laredo minus the 360! I think I am going to do the 6=8 upgrade to the 258 and stay with 33s. How much of a suspension lift did you with? I'm not familiar with vanco. I'll have to look into them. Great job on the build!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom