Kmc wheels xd229 machete beadlock

Desert Crawler

I have been eyeing these rims as I do not like how my current beadlocks trap water and snow inside the beadlock rim. For anyone running the Machete's; how well do they actually drain? Do they trap a little water or let it all out? I have no other complaints about my current rims, but would switch if the holes in the beadlock rim work as designed.

tgoss

They do drain out fairly well actually. Pretty cool design and does offer some very good functionality.

You will NOT be disappointed if you pick up a set.

They are just a pain in the ass to clean if you care, that's the only drawback.

JMac79

That's awesome. I was thinking of buying these in the future. Wondering how the beadlock handles highway driving. If you drive it on the highway let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Desert Crawler

It will definitely see highway miles, but will probably be a couple of weeks before I have tires mounted and rolling. Will let you know. I doubt you could tell any difference driving, then any other rim.

SDG

Caught the Bug
That's awesome. I was thinking of buying these in the future. Wondering how the beadlock handles highway driving. If you drive it on the highway let me know.

They drive like normal. Can't tell the difference between these, slabs, etc, I would imagine any decent beadlock should handle like a normal wheel.

Only difference is if you wanna cruise from trail to trail at highway speeds and 10 psi, you can, even then only difference is more body roll.

JMac79

They drive like normal. Can't tell the difference between these, slabs, etc, I would imagine any decent beadlock should handle like a normal wheel.

Only difference is if you wanna cruise from trail to trail at highway speeds and 10 psi, you can, even then only difference is more body roll.

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

jeeeep

Hooked
I've been thinking about switching out for the exact same reason.
Get them on there quick so you can test them out.

carwash and mud test! test! test!

Draconianwinter

Beadlock wheels are no different that standard wheels. Only difference is one has a ring that bolts down onto the bead. Means you will also need to check the torque from time too time. Can also be a pain finding a place that will mount your tires. I am running dv8 beadlock wheels and love them. Oh and for the record it's the tires that will determine how your ride handles the road not the wheels. Well unless you have beadlock and one of the rings falls off because you didn't keep them in proper torque specs, then it might be more the wheel as it will be pretty much on the ground lol. Not sure if that would happen but I have heard it can. I would think you would start having a tie not holding air before it did, but I could easily bee wrong lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Beadlock wheels are no different that standard wheels. Only difference is one has a ring that bolts down onto the bead. Means you will also need to check the torque from time too time. Can also be a pain finding a place that will mount your tires. I am running dv8 beadlock wheels and love them. Oh and for the record it's the tires that will determine how your ride handles the road not the wheels. Well unless you have beadlock and one of the rings falls off because you didn't keep them in proper torque specs, then it might be more the wheel as it will be pretty much on the ground lol. Not sure if that would happen but I have heard it can. I would think you would start having a tie not holding air before it did, but I could easily bee wrong lol

I would think it would go flat first but I can't imagine 24 bolts coming off and losing the ring and not have noticed an issue

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepJeep75

I have been on these wheels for a couple months now. I love them!! They drain out most of the water, but not completely. When new they look great!! IMG_7161.jpg After some "use" they look even better![emoji106] IMG_8618.jpg as far as how they do on the highway, that's all up to the tire, not the rim.

Jack diddly

Gotta say. I love my mechete wheels. They drain really well. Running 37 nitto TG with these wheels and they feel like any other set up I've used on highways. Did I forget to mention, they look great.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

You really do give a lot of bad information. Bead locks and standard wheels are not just different because of the ring. The way they mount is different, and one of the rings cannot just fall off. A tire is pressurized and if you bolts were missing or loose, first you're a fucking retard, and second the ring would blow off and kill someone. A wheel can change ride quality of it is not round, bent or weight ratios are off.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s2exMOT0-9M

Draconianwinter

You really do give a lot of bad information. Bead locks and standard wheels are not just different because of the ring. The way they mount is different, and one of the rings cannot just fall off. A tire is pressurized and if you bolts were missing or loose, first you're a fucking retard, and second the ring would blow off and kill someone. A wheel can change ride quality of it is not round, bent or weight ratios are off.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s2exMOT0-9M

Ok might want to re-read my post. I was actually being sarcastic about the ring blowing off, but you are to busy trying to make it seem like you are the only who knows anything. Second I stated that the ring bolts into the bead which is what holds the bead of the tire in place. And thirdly that ring and how it works is the only difference between a beadlock and a standard wheel. Outside of the ring and its function which I stated it is no different. So sorry if you think you will get a rise out of me, but it won't happen. Oh and the only way I would think a beadlock ring could blow off at all is maybe in the event that it gets hit from multiple sides at once or you detonate some sort of explosive inside the tire. The first of which I don't think would even be possible, and then only if the bolts gave way before the tire did, and the last would not be anything other than intentional. And as far as road handling goes if the wheel is bad, bent or broken then that means you need to replace it. The wheel weights come off then yep it's going to ride like shit. That said if the wheel is properly weighted and not broken or bent the tires will still have more to do with that issue. Though in reality it's no one thing but everything from the tires through the axles the alignments and all the other things from the tie rod ends to fucking steering pump, but all thing considered in proper functioning order the tires more than the wheels will determine the road handling quality. Oh and oddly enough the same points you mentioned about how a wheel will determine how the jeep handles on the road are also true for a standard wheel so the beadlock will not make anymore difference in road handling Anyway you have a good day oh guru of the keyboard warriors.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ok might want to re-read my post. I was actually being sarcastic about the ring blowing off, but you are to busy trying to make it seem like you are the only who knows anything. Second I stated that the ring bolts into the bead which is what holds the bead of the tire in place. And thirdly that ring and how it works is the only difference between a beadlock and a standard wheel. Outside of the ring and its function which I stated it is no different. So sorry if you think you will get a rise out of me, but it won't happen. Oh and the only way I would think a beadlock ring could blow off at all is maybe in the event that it gets hit from multiple sides at once or you detonate some sort of explosive inside the tire. The first of which I don't think would even be possible, and then only if the bolts gave way before the tire did, and the last would not be anything other than intentional. And as far as road handling goes if the wheel is bad, bent or broken then that means you need to replace it. The wheel weights come off then yep it's going to ride like shit. That said if the wheel is properly weighted and not broken or bent the tires will still have more to do with that issue. Though in reality it's no one thing but everything from the tires through the axles the alignments and all the other things from the tie rod ends to fucking steering pump, but all thing considered in proper functioning order the tires more than the wheels will determine the road handling quality. Oh and oddly enough the same points you mentioned about how a wheel will determine how the jeep handles on the road are also true for a standard wheel so the beadlock will not make anymore difference in road handling Anyway you have a good day oh guru of the keyboard warriors.

Lol clearly I got a rise out of you. Did you read that response you just wrote? It's a book.

Draconianwinter

Believe whatever you wish. But I figured if the almighty wheeling guru didn't get it then I should probably explain my point better for those less savvy at all things wheeling understand as well.

Top Bottom