Help on new suspension ...

FabsSpeed

Dear Forum ...

I am Fabs from Germany and new to this forum ... this is amazing here and great to see all this experts and knowledge!
I am thinking of upgrading my 2016 Rubicon 4 door to a new coilover suspension, new axle and 40” tires… Currently I am running a AEV 3,5 Zoll DualSport RS suspension, as this is road legal here and was a start. Currently I use the Jeep also for work and lots of milage on the highway … and tow a trailer with it.

Now I was looking into the EVO MFG Front & REAR DOUBLE THROWDOWN EVOLEVER System ... upgrading my axels to the Dynatrac Hard Core ProRock 60/60 Axle-Set and going on 40" tires... see details list down at ideas.

Now my questions:
How does this drive in “daily use” on the highway with this suspension, vs. a regular 3,5” lift I currently have.

Can you still tow with this setup?

Thank you for your help ..
Fabs

2017 Rubicon 4*door – all Black

Suspension &*wheels:
AEV 3,5 RS*suspension & Fox steering
Mopar Beadlock wheels black*
Mopar High fenders*painted
37” Tires*

Electric & Lights:
Ridgid*Industries 50“ LED
Ridgid D-SS | Flood Pair
Ridgid D2 Driving*LED*
Rugged Ridge RR LED Lightbar on the side
JW speaker*headlights, fog lights & rear LED lights
Custom 9" Alpine X901D-G6 with front & rear cameras
Goal Zero Solar*Panels on top the roof rack
SPOD model 6 Switch System with double LED*
Custom 9" Alpine X901D-G6 with HCE-C252RD & HCE-C257FD cameras

Setup:
Proghorn*Front*Alpha JK C1 with WARN ZEON 10 and all coming soon all new Rear*Bumper Omega series
M.-Pac JK Unlimited Both*Side Racks Deal
Gobi stealth roofrack
Rubicon*X "10th Anniversary hood
RuggedRidge short Snorkle Kit
RockSlide*JK 4D STEP SLIDERS WITH BODY ARMOR
ARB Twin*Air Compressor
WARRIOR Tailgate Table
Bestop® Sunnrider for Hardtop
Heavy Duty Radiator

Twill Bestop*HOSS™ Hardtop Cover JK Unlimited 4-door Bestop HOSS™ Hardtop Cart*JK und JK Unlimited

Ideas:
EVO MFG REAR front*& double THROWDOWN EVOLEVER SYSTEM
Dynatrac Hard Core ProRock*60/60 Axle-Set*
EVO Draglink Flip & Front Track Bar Relocation Kit
King Rear Air Bumps or EVO MFG*REAR ROCKSTOPS
Dynatrac ProGrip Brakes
Currie HD Tie-Rod
Cooper Discoverer STT Pro 40×13.50 M/T
1350 JE Reel Drive Shafts Front & Rear
PSC Ram Assist Steering

Last edited:

2011jk

I'd get a PR60/80 at a min with 40's unless your building it for looks.

Since you have to be road certified I'd check with your inspection station to see if it will be accepted.

Last edited:

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Dear Forum ...

I am Fabs from Germany and new to this forum ... this is amazing here and great to see all this experts and knowledge!

Guten Abend Herr Fabs, wie gehts?

I am thinking of upgrading my 2016 Rubicon 4 door to a new coilover suspension, new axle and 40” tires… Currently I am running a AEV 3,5 Zoll DualSport RS suspension, as this is road legal here and was a start. Currently I use the Jeep also for work and lots of milage on the highway … and tow a trailer with it.

Now I was looking into the EVO MFG Front & REAR DOUBLE THROWDOWN EVOLEVER System ... upgrading my axels to the Dynatrac Hard Core ProRock 60/60 Axle-Set and going on 40" tires... see details list down at ideas.

Now my questions:
How does this drive in “daily use” on the highway with this suspension, vs. a regular 3,5” lift I currently have.

It drives pretty much as good if not better than a stock setup. My wife can drive our rig and there is no loss of road handling at all. In fact, it will handle WAY better than your current lift once you get the suspension setup correctly. I would recommend the long arm upgrade though.

Can you still tow with this setup?

Yes, of course, but with the added weight, you will be dealing with less tow capacity for the simply fact you already have more weight on the Jeep itself. But, the increased axle size and strength will allow you to tow more, you just need a bigger engine.

Ideas:
EVO MFG REAR front*& double THROWDOWN EVOLEVER SYSTEM
Dynatrac Hard Core ProRock*60/60 Axle-Set*
EVO Draglink Flip & Front Track Bar Relocation Kit
King Rear Air Bumps or EVO MFG*REAR ROCKSTOPS
Dynatrac ProGrip Brakes
Currie HD Tie-Rod
Cooper Discoverer STT Pro 40×13.50 M/T
1350 JE Reel Drive Shafts Front & Rear
PSC Ram Assist Steering

These are all perfect ideas and you will not want for anything else but the aforementioned Long Arms. As you can see from my signature line below, I have a lot of the very same things. I can tell you I am VERY happy with my setup and I thank people on this forum like Eddie, Sharkey, QuicksilverJK and benatc1 for all of their help, expertise and assistance.

Bis dann!!

Top Bottom