Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: CJ5 vs CJ7

Knows a Thing or Two DeJkUnlimited's Avatar
    ^ okay thanks for the info.

Knows a Thing or Two holliewood61's Avatar
    Md juan is actually the only manufacturer of steel replacement jeep tubs. The omix tub is made by md juan. Omix may take it and do a little to improve the fit and finish, but at the end of the day its a md juan tub

Sent from my LGLS991 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Beat it to fit, paint it to match

08 WK
    00 WJ
    99 TJ
    81 CJ7
    60 CJ5

Best wheeling in WV
    http://trailsheaven.com/Plan-Your-TR...vy-Branch.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by notnalc68 View Post
    You guys chime in, if I'm wrong. How reliable is the AMC 304? Aside from shitty gas mileage, is that why so many CJs have Small Block Chevy's? I know a guy that breaks down, just about every time he drives his CJ7. It has a 304 and manual transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Nothing wrong with AMC motors. They used a mixture of bolt on parts like carbs & ignition pieces from other manufacturers over the years but from the intake down to the oil pan its all AMC. The 304/360/401 all share the same architecture, there is no big block so if you wanted to fit the 401 in its a simple bolt in. And they can be made to run damn good. Knew a guy that had a build 360 in his CJ7 that'd pull wheelies all day long.

Guys swapped to the small block Chevys same reason they do the LS's in JK's: Cheap, parts availability excellent, lot of aftermarket support.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Nothing wrong with AMC motors. They used a mixture of bolt on parts like carbs & ignition pieces from other manufacturers over the years but from the intake down to the oil pan its all AMC. The 304/360/401 all share the same architecture, there is no big block so if you wanted to fit the 401 in its a simple bolt in. And they can be made to run damn good. Knew a guy that had a build 360 in his CJ7 that'd pull wheelies all day long.

Guys swapped to the small block Chevys same reason they do the LS's in JK's: Cheap, parts availability excellent, lot of aftermarket support.
    Gotcha. My friend may just need to give his a little tlc, but he's a tightwad.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app