Half door wire harness plugs

wjtstudios

Hooked
I purchased a set of used half doors from a 2010 and put them on my 2015. It the wire plugs don't match. The half doors are manual locks and the full are power with power windows and defrost. I've had the doors for a couple of years and dealt with the wire plugs not being right, but being a OCD jeep owner like many of us, it needs to be fixed!

Has anyone swapped out those plugs? If so where did you find them? The dealership wants me to replace the entire harness, at $70 a door, go figure.

Second question, has anyone added power locks to them? Can you get them to work with your existing key fob?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
You could start your search here:

http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm

I've found some info there about certain connectors. I don't know the answer about controlling the locks with your fob but I'd guess there's a change since the receiver for that is most likely in the dash. I'd also try Quadratec for the power lock parts and harness.

wjtstudios

Hooked
You could start your search here:

http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm

I've found some info there about certain connectors. I don't know the answer about controlling the locks with your fob but I'd guess there's a change since the receiver for that is most likely in the dash. I'd also try Quadratec for the power lock parts and harness.

Thanks, I'll start there and at least try to get the half doors functioning right before moving on to power.

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Sure thing! Alot of connector repair parts can be purchased directly from that site but if not, get the P/N and try eBay.....there's a lot of stuff on eBay when it comes to wiring connectors, you just need the proper part numbers to find the correct listings.

black pearl

Hooked
I've had luck in the past with auto wrecking yards for small miscellaneous parts as long as they have the right year you could strip out the harness and power lock mechanism

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Do the new stock half doors come with a plug and do they have power locks and such? I just order a set, but there on back order and not sure what I'm going to get with them.

AdrockTT

I purchased a set of used half doors from a 2010 and put them on my 2015. It the wire plugs don't match. The half doors are manual locks and the full are power with power windows and defrost. I've had the doors for a couple of years and dealt with the wire plugs not being right, but being a OCD jeep owner like many of us, it needs to be fixed!

Has anyone swapped out those plugs? If so where did you find them? The dealership wants me to replace the entire harness, at $70 a door, go figure.

Second question, has anyone added power locks to them? Can you get them to work with your existing key fob?

I've read if you just remove the black plastic shielding around the end of the wire harness it will then just plug into the newer style plug. Google that and verify, but I am 90% sure - nothing to buy if you just take the plastic part off.

Top Bottom