This can't be good

robx251

Caught the Bug
Well I was out around town today and noticed this lovely sight on the back of my rear axle

20170515_151000_HDR.jpg
20170515_151043.jpg
20170515_151051.jpg

I thought that I had had seen some moisture there previously but I guess it took some dirt to make it really obvious. This is completely unmolested by anyone. Now off to the dealership and to prepare for a battle about the warranty. I have just under 20k on the jeep and bought it last year. If this is a sign of things to come looks like I might be looking at a JL earlier than I wanted.

Sent from my LG-M210 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Well I was out around town today and noticed this lovely sight on the back of my rear axle

View attachment 258819
View attachment 258820
View attachment 258821

I thought that I had had seen some moisture there previously but I guess it took some dirt to make it really obvious. This is completely unmolested by anyone. Now off to the dealership and to prepare for a battle about the warranty. I have just under 20k on the jeep and bought it last year. If this is a sign of things to come looks like I might be looking at a JL earlier than I wanted.

nothing major.... Worst case scenario $40 for RTV and gear oil to redo the seal.

WJCO

Meme King
As long as they don't use 'OFF ROAD USE' as an excuse (heaven forbid anyone would buy a Jeep and use it offroad), then it should be under warranty. If not, as already stated, easy and cheap DIY fix.

robx251

Caught the Bug
I know I have done it before on previous jeeps but I'm a bit sceeved out by that plug weld that is completely hollow too. And it looks like it has already been done by the dealer before I bought it. Either that or they just forgot to paint the lower half of the rtv from the factory. Gray on the bottom and black on the top half. But I hope it is as simple as just a re seal

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Because they are the dealer and that's what they do. Double bill customer and Warrenty

Go in there with that attitude and I'm sure that's what you'll get in return.

Really I think you're being a bit dramatic over a minor oil leak. I've had the same thing resealed 3 times already by the dealer under warranty with zero fuss.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

robx251

Caught the Bug
Top Bottom