ARB Customer Service

WJCO

Meme King
Just had an amazing experience with ARB customer service so I wanted to share it.

I just had a rear air locker installed at the end of last week. I only had it back for 2 days and was trying it out for the first time in the driveway just to make sure it was actuating, no leaks, etc. I noticed the compressor cycling every 10 seconds or so. After closer examination, I heard air hissing from the rear diff breather tube. Not good. Took it back to the shop and was told today that the leak is from within the locker itself, not the seals on the end. The tech that did the repair has done a ton of ARBs and said he's never seen this before. He called ARB and walked through the diag with them. They determined it was some kind of pressurized actuating part inside the locker and planned to send the shop a new one.

The downside is that the tech will have to not only pull the locker back out, but he will have to disassemble the locker to put the new part inside. The labor cost with him giving me a break was around 500 (in addition to what I already paid to have it installed).

ARB is very clear on their warranty that they do not pay for labor, they only pay for parts. I decided to write them an email anyway explaining the situation and that I really don't feel like I should have to pay this labor. Within one hour, I got a phone call from their tech dept. I was told ARB will pay the entire bill, no questions asked. They made it very clear that it was their fault and not mine nor the shop's. I was actually surprised as I expected a fight. So I am very happy to share this experience with other Jeepers and will definitely buy ARB again.

scull20

Just had an amazing experience with ARB customer service so I wanted to share it.

I just had a rear air locker installed at the end of last week. I only had it back for 2 days and was trying it out for the first time in the driveway just to make sure it was actuating, no leaks, etc. I noticed the compressor cycling every 10 seconds or so. After closer examination, I heard air hissing from the rear diff breather tube. Not good. Took it back to the shop and was told today that the leak is from within the locker itself, not the seals on the end. The tech that did the repair has done a ton of ARBs and said he's never seen this before. He called ARB and walked through the diag with them. They determined it was some kind of pressurized actuating part inside the locker and planned to send the shop a new one.

The downside is that the tech will have to not only pull the locker back out, but he will have to disassemble the locker to put the new part inside. The labor cost with him giving me a break was around 500 (in addition to what I already paid to have it installed).

ARB is very clear on their warranty that they do not pay for labor, they only pay for parts. I decided to write them an email anyway explaining the situation and that I really don't feel like I should have to pay this labor. Within one hour, I got a phone call from their tech dept. I was told ARB will pay the entire bill, no questions asked. They made it very clear that it was their fault and not mine nor the shop's. I was actually surprised as I expected a fight. So I am very happy to share this experience with other Jeepers and will definitely buy ARB again.

That's great to hear that they made it right in the end. While it can sometimes be a bear dealing with warranties and customer service I'm glad there's still companies out there that go the extra mile. Bravo ARB.

Andy5160

Hooked
That's great to hear that they made it right in the end. While it can sometimes be a bear dealing with warranties and customer service I'm glad there's still companies out there that go the extra mile. Bravo ARB.

A+++++++++ ARB and I second that motion Ryan!

Brute

Hooked
I've always thought that ARB made quality products...it's good to hear that they stand behind their products as well...there is an old saying that rings true..."word of mouth advertising is either the best thing that can happen to your business...or the worst thing"

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Glad to hear they are taking care of you. It doesn't surprise me. I've had to call them in the past for a couple of things and they've gone above and beyond even several years after I purchased their stuff. Plus, I was able to talk to a "live" person on the phone right off the bat.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
That's awesome. ARB has some really great people working for them. I talked to a rep at a show last year for over an hour about everything under the sun besides lockers. Gave me some great recommendations on other brands based on what he's seen and heard. Top shelf company :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
Glad to hear others have had good service as well. Sure makes me glad to own so many of their products.

WJCO

Meme King
Just an update. About 3 days ago, shop told me that ARB had already sent them the check for the repairs and the job hasn't even been done yet. Glad to see they stand behind their word.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Missed this thread until now, I'm glad to see ARB is standing behind their product and is going to extra mile for you.

WJCO

Meme King
Arb

Picked up the jeep today. Locker is working and ARB picked up the tab. Definitely will continue to work with this company.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just had a good experience with ARB’s tech support.

This past weekend my air compressor stopped working. Didnt realize it wasn’t working all day. Monday after I called arb and they tell me my compressor is out of the 3 year warranty but they would help me diagnose the issue. After multiple emails with Devon we narrowed it down to the relays not working. Yup I would say this is a good reason why they wouldn’t work
61342492756__F9DE9016-A7A2-44EF-B96D-A743324309EC.jpg

Bear_JT

Hooked

This past weekend my air compressor stopped working. Didnt realize it wasn’t working all day. Monday after I called arb and they tell me my compressor is out of the 3 year warranty but they would help me diagnose the issue. After multiple emails with Devon we narrowed it down to the relays not working. Yup I would say this is a good reason why they wouldn’t work
View attachment 348622

Good to know they are willing to help at the very least. That makes a huge difference when the warranty runs out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Weebz

Caught the Bug

View attachment 348622

Damn. That’s ugly. At least you have it figured out. Ha e to imagine that’s a lot cheaper a fix than the alternative.

Top Bottom