Front Bumper

Jranso04

IMG_0725.jpg IMG_0724.jpg

I have an 05 TJ and I'm looking to get a new bumper. I'd like a full width and these are the two I'm leaning towards. If anybody has these bumpers and can tell me how they are compared to each other that would be great. I do slight off-roading but want a stronger full width bumper mainly for protection so if anybody has some insight on these bumpers it would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I know you didn't originally ask about our brand, so I hope you don't mind me mentioning it.

Features:
  • Full width
  • 1/4" thick steel (aluminum also available)
  • Laser cut, CNC bent
  • Winch tray included
  • Winch guard included
  • 2x light mounting tabs included
  • 2x 1" thick d-ring tabs included
  • Flat towable
  • Powder coat included
  • 100% made in the USA

Steel: http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-4010.htm
Steel with 2" receiver: http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-4011.htm
Aluminum: http://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-4050.htm

RH-4010-2T.jpg

Jranso04

IMG_0729.jpg

Does anybody know if this offers any kind of significant protection? I know it's not the best but I like the look so I figured I'd ask if anybody knew about how the protection is.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
View attachment 259520

Does anybody know if this offers any kind of significant protection? I know it's not the best but I like the look so I figured I'd ask if anybody knew about how the protection is.

It's Smittybuilt so it's hit or miss... I'm not one to talk because there's a lot of Smitty on my Jeep but if you have the money then go for a rockhard.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I would second Rock Hard. Just recently put this one on my TJ, it's not full width like you want. IMG_0985.jpg but it is well built and they have great customer service. Give them a look.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
To the OP, if you're still looking, that Smittybilt is not very strong it's really more like a brush guard, ok for light trails and that's about it. The Rock hard is a good choice and the LOD you asked about has a good reputation.

BaddestCross

View attachment 259520

I don't know about the one you posted about, but I run the their Atlas rear bumper system and it's built like a tank. If they made a stubby Atlas front bumper I'd probably jump on it, but it only comes in full-width. 😜

If you have a 4 Wheel Parts store in your area, they may have the one you're asking about on display so you can see it in person.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I know this is an older thread, but I used to run a Smittybilt SRC front bumper. It wasn't horrible.... but everyone with a TJ has or had one. It served me well, but when I bought new fenders it had to go. I ended up buying a TeamCFR front bumper.

Old bumper:
IMG_8786.jpg

New Bumper:
attachment.php

Top Bottom