Mastercraft Baja RS & OEM seat belts

mastrcruse

I'm looking into getting new seats for the front of the jeep. Bought harnesses and was going to go with PRP seats, however, I learned today that OEM seat belts cannot be used unless I fab up a bracket. I'd rather go with something that works with OEM belts and are meant to be and is also airbag sensor safe.

It looks like the Baja RSs meets these two asks from the Project JK install pictures. Can someone confirm this? Any other thoughts on seats?

Seats I was looking at...
Baja RS
Dirtsport All Black
Lumbar Support
Seat heater
Rear Pocket

Not sure if, for comfort in a daily, I should be looking at adding the adjustable headrest...any opinions?

mastrcruse

I'll concur with Trainwreck618 on this......I have the Baja RS seats and all is good 👍

Awesome thanks! How should the comfort? I find the OEM seats comfortable and a buddy of mine down the street has MC fixed backs which are also very comfortable. Any thoughts on the adjustable headrest? Not sure if there is any benefit to do/not to do it

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Your head is several inches away from the head rests. I have to lean back a lot to touch them. The adapter brackets for the MC's are for the seatbelts, not to adapt the seats to the base. That bolts right up. As far as daily driving, I find them very comfortable.

mastrcruse

Your head is several inches away from the head rests. I have to lean back a lot to touch them. The adapter brackets for the MC's are for the seatbelts, not to adapt the seats to the base. That bolts right up. As far as daily driving, I find them very comfortable.

Cool thanks. I'm suppose to get a call back from a Mastercraft sales person about some potential customization. It's not life or death but would be cool if I could get something that is safe but also has a slight personal touch. Using the OEM seat belts are critical and Mastercraft has it figured out.

I see the aitbag piece for the passenger side but it looks like you just unclip/install/clip. I thought I had to dig a weight/airbag sensor out of the OEM seat. Is that not the case? This is on a 2014 with only front airbags ( no thorax airbag).

Top Bottom