THE DUSY : A Wheeling Adventure Across the Famous Dusy Ershim Jeep Trail

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
High up in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, there is a narrow corridor that cuts between the John Muir and Dinky Lakes Wilderness Areas, and within it lies one of the most famous hardcore trails in the State of California - The Dusy Ershim. Originally blazed back in 1956 to reach Ershim Lake by the Four Wheel Club of Fresno, the Dusy has since become a premier destination for off-roaders around the world. While the Dusy does featuring amazing glacial carved granite faces, beautiful high mountain meadows and a myriad of natural lakes, it is by far best known for its extreme remoteness and relentless 33 miles of slow going, low range rugged terrain. In this short video, you'll get to follow the adventure we had as we made our way across this relentlessly tough yet, beautiful trail. We hope you enjoy.

BONDSY

I'm going to try and get to this trail in 2012. It's practically in my back yard. Just ran out of time and opportunity in 2011.

Attachments

• IMG_20130830_103420_570.jpg
    IMG_20130830_103420_570.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Jeep Fire.jpg
    Jeep Fire.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 17

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just wanted to let you all know that we've added this video to Vimeo! You should now be able to watch it from your iPhone, iPad or Android mobile device :yup:

ShinDiggity

Eddie, if you have plans on doing this trail again sometime, please let me know. I would love to run this trail.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, if you have plans on doing this trail again sometime, please let me know. I would love to run this trail.

I can but, just to make sure you know, it's really really long and the chances of getting body damage is considerable. Breaks too. :crazyeyes:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I can but, just to make sure you know, it's really really long and the chances of getting body damage is considerable. Breaks too. :crazyeyes:

This video is by far one of my favorites. The Dusy is on my to do trail list and ill be sure to have spare parts and a a set of standard and metric Eddies and Mel's when I do. 👌

Napalm90

Me needs to move out west, we have trails on the east coastline this, got off road parks but nothing like this...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ShinDiggity

This video is by far one of my favorites. The Dusy is on my to do trail list and ill be sure to have spare parts and a a set of standard and metric Eddies and Mel's when I do. 👌

I agree. This is an awesome video and yeah I will be taking an arsenal of parts just in case we get a hiccup in the trail.

bornjeep

Eddie... Your (don't forget Cindy) videos are truly the best. If anyone wants to explain the Jeep life to a friend I highly recommend any of the Wayalife video's. :thumb:

Last edited:

Mr.T

Nice video, and it brought back some nice memories. Last time I was there was 1986 -- "Chicken Rock" looked so steep and slick that my wife, pregnant at the time, decided to walk up "chicken rock" rather than ride.

:beer:

Top Bottom