Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: JL pickup spotted!

Knows a Thing or Two HoosierWolf's Avatar
    I'm starting to get really excited about the JL truck. Really interested in seeing what the towing capacity ends up being.

Image1517269783.450940.jpg
    Reno jeep has this rubicon down there along with 3 other JL’s. A sport and Saharah

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    Attachment 285717

When I first got my Brute, it had a 35 under the bed between the frame rails...It really wasn't a problem there, and for anyone who's owned a pickup knows, it's a common place for the spare. However, when I went up to 37's, the spare had to go into the bed...while it made changing out the spare easier, there was a slight change to the cog...but not much.
    I've been giving this some thought and now at a crossroads as to whether get a new JT pu or modify my Brute...after seeing what Dynatrac did to a brand new JL, I'm thinking of doing something similar to a JT pu with 40's...but if the wheelbase is the same as the Brute, and they don't offer a diesel, I may just change up the Brute...remove the sf rear pr60 and pr44 front and install a ff prxd 60's, regear to 5:38, remove the aev suspension and install a dtd front and king coilovers rear...move the aux fuel tank into the bed and chop 10-12" off the bed for better departure angle...remove the front & rear bumpers and go with stubbies...psc hydro assist & progrip brakes...

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    I've been giving this some thought and now at a crossroads as to whether get a new JT pu or modify my Brute...after seeing what Dynatrac did to a brand new JL, I'm thinking of doing something similar to a JT pu with 40's...but if the wheelbase is the same as the Brute, and they don't offer a diesel, I may just change up the Brute...remove the sf rear pr60 and pr44 front and install a ff prxd 60's, regear to 5:38, remove the aev suspension and install a dtd front and king coilovers rear...move the aux fuel tank into the bed and chop 10-12" off the bed for better departure angle...remove the front & rear bumpers and go with stubbies...psc hydro assist & progrip brakes...
    Holy! Brute 2.0 That's going to be a treat to watch if you move towards that build ..
    ---
    I went to School, but I never learnt what I wanted to!!!

I would also consider a Norweld aluminum tray bed to increase departure angle...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456