Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: JL pickup spotted!

Been Around the Block TheGrendel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnvilRubicon View Post
    Its soooo long...hopefully a shorter wheelbase will be offered..

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    as has been mentioned on this thread and forum a couple of times, it has to be long in order to offer a decent tow rating.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrendel View Post
    as has been mentioned on this thread and forum a couple of times, it has to be long in order to offer a decent tow rating.
    Yep. If itís too long, just buy the JL.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by 19YJ94 View Post
    It's still out there!
    Anyone else notice the spare tire under the bed? I for one don't want a large tire underneath the bed. It's a PIA to change one with that setup IMHO.

Been Around the Block Snboarder113's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ben@badassjeeps View Post
    Anyone else notice the spare tire under the bed? I for one don't want a large tire underneath the bed. It's a PIA to change one with that setup IMHO.
    Itís a truck, not a lot of options. Also Iím sure the aftermarket bumpers will come up with a solution pretty quick.

Knows a Thing or Two wjtstudios's Avatar
    Iím sure the spare under there will drag. A lot of guys that have AEV brutes and the older H3Ts would bed mount the spare when they built them to run off road.

2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Still hoping to hear more from FCA

Seems to me this truck will be aimed at a small market segment. Those that love the Wrangler and want to see it in truck form. There will be some mall crawlers out there who want one. I see it going the way of the scrambler in a few years.
    Still hoping to hear more from FCA.

Mark Ogaz

2013 Rock Lobster Red Rubicon JKU

|___________
    /__/l | ,[____],
    l---|--|---L -OlllllllO-
    (o)_)~ ~(o)_)--o-)_)

3.5" Rock Krawler Lift, Procomp Wheels, Procomp 37" Tires, Wilco MSC2 Rear Bumper, Wilco MSC2 Rront Bumper,
    1350 JE Reel Front Drive Shaft, 1350 JE Reel Rear Drive Shaft, Poison Spyder Front and Rear Fenders, Smittybuilt Winch, CB, SAVVY Off Road Half Doors
    sPOD, K&N Air Filter
    HAM KK6TEZ

brute rear.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by ben@badassjeeps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    Iím sure the spare under there will drag. A lot of guys that have AEV brutes and the older H3Ts would bed mount the spare when they built them to run off road.

When I first got my Brute, it had a 35 under the bed between the frame rails...It really wasn't a problem there, and for anyone who's owned a pickup knows, it's a common place for the spare. However, when I went up to 37's, the spare had to go into the bed...while it made changing out the spare easier, there was a slight change to the cog...but not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post

When I first got my Brute, it had a 35 under the bed between the frame rails...It really wasn't a problem there, and for anyone who's owned a pickup knows, it's a common place for the spare. However, when I went up to 37's, the spare had to go into the bed...while it made changing out the spare easier, there was a slight change to the cog...but not much.
    If I end up getting a JT, I am totally going to build a tire carrier in the bed like you did in your JK6. I think it looks sweet like that. I just want to make sure I can still fit cargo/wood underneath it. Time will tell.
    Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Quote Originally Posted by RedSyndrome View Post
    Seems to me this truck will be aimed at a small market segment. Those that love the Wrangler and want to see it in truck form. There will be some mall crawlers out there who want one. I see it going the way of the scrambler in a few years.
    Still hoping to hear more from FCA.
    You may be surprised honestly. I imagine that FCA would have it in the midsized truck segment, which is a booming segment. Toyota has the Tacoma, Nissan has the Frontier, Ford is bringing the Ranger back, and Chevy has the Colorado. All of those vehicles sell really really well (think of how many of those you see on the road). This is the one market that FCA really isn't a part of, ever since the Dakota was cut out of the Dodge/Ram division.

Imagine the offroad competition in that segment :
    -Ford Ranger Raptor
    -Chevy Colorado ZR2
    -Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
    -Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
    -Jeep Scrambler Rubicon
    Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    You may be surprised honestly. I imagine that FCA would have it in the midsized truck segment, which is a booming segment. Toyota has the Tacoma, Nissan has the Frontier, Ford is bringing the Ranger back, and Chevy has the Colorado. All of those vehicles sell really really well (think of how many of those you see on the road). This is the one market that FCA really isn't a part of, ever since the Dakota was cut out of the Dodge/Ram division.

Imagine the offroad competition in that segment :
    -Ford Ranger Raptor
    -Chevy Colorado ZR2
    -Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
    -Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
    -Jeep Scrambler Rubicon
    Exactly. Over here itís the fastest growing market segment. Especially the premium models. The JT is more aimed at Europe, South Africa and Australia where full size trucks arenít the norm.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345