aTX's Tru WW Evo bolt on coilover build

aTX427

I'm going to do my best to limit scope creep on this project so I can get on the trails asap. If all goes well, I'll have it ready for a shake down in June, so we can take a summer trip to Colorado and be dialed in for Moab in the fall.

Planning on keeping it simple. Evo bolt on coilover's, King front bumps, Evo sliders and 37x13.5 Cooper STT Pro tires.

--------------------------------------------

Edit: So much for scope creep

Chassis:
116" wheelbase
20.25" Frame height
69” top of windshield

Drive train:
3.8L stock Jeep engine
42RLE automatic trans
NV241 transfer case

Front Axle:
Dynatrac XD60
68.5" WMS
1550 knuckles
3.75"-3/8" Chromoly tubes
5.38 gears
35 spline axle shafts
ARB locker
Ram 1500 front brakes
Evo braided brake lines
Russell braided locker hose

Rear Axle:
Dynatrac PR80
68.5" WMS
Low pinion
Full floater
4"-3/8" Chromoly tubes
5.38 gears
40 spline axle shafts
ARB locker
Russell braided locker hose
J8 rear disk brakes
J8 rear e-brake cables
Evo braided brake lines
Evo track bar bracket
Evo Rockstar's

Wheels tires:
40" Cooper SST Pro tires
ATX Chamber Pro wheels

Steering:
PSC Big Bore XDR gear box
PSC 6.75" x 1.75" cylinder
PSC race pump
PSC internal filter reservoir
Earl's -6AN plumbing HP
Russell -6AN plumbing LP
AFC -6AN PS cooler

Suspension:
Evo Enforcer Pro coilover's
Front 200/250 springs
Rear 150/200 springs
Johnny Joint control arms
OE / Dynatrac drag link
Dynatrac tie rod
OE front track bar
Currie JJ rear track bar

External:
Bestop soft half doors
4" frame chop with aluminum fabricated bumper
Warn M8000-S with aluminum fabricated mounting plate
Under hood solenoid relocation with cab mounted switches
Fabricated recovery mounts
Evo rock sliders
MC evap relocation
Oznium LED rock lights
Dynamax exhaust
Evo skids
MC compressor mount
ARB twin compressor
Ridged Dually D2 spots
Tailgate delete
Rear seat delete
Front sway bar delete

Interior:
430N Navigation
Cobra 75WXST CB
PRP Podium seats
Genright front seat brackets
Chassis Unlimited billet seat sliders
PRP 5.3 harnesses
Genright full cage
Dirtbags wheel well bags
iPad Mini / Gaia off-road navigation

Last edited:

aTX427

I installed the rear install this weekend. One box from the front kit was delayed from ups, I'll work on the front next week.

aTX427

All in all, it looks like a well thought out kit. There were only a few minor tweaks I did to make everything fit to my satisfaction; e.g., cut a relief where the [SUP]factor[/SUP] rear track bar was hitting the mount, I also added some hardened washers to reduce deformation at the u-bolt brackets. I have an '07, so I completely removed the body mounts at the upper support bracket and installed grade 8 hardware. The lower shock spacers were not finished prior to coating. They looked rough cut, were not de-burred and were oversize by .020-.030", so I ground them to fit temporarily.

Here is how it sits today. There weren't any instructions on routing the brake lines, but it seemed logical to straighten the lines and go through the frame. I used some 3/8" fuel line I had laying around to provide vibration resistance and hide the sins. I still need to tighten everything, set the ride height, pull the bumpers, side steps and cut the fenders. I like having more room out back, so I am going to pull the factory exhaust and mount a muffler forward the axle.

IMG_0454.jpg IMG_0436.jpg IMG_0434.jpg IMG_0433.jpg IMG_0394.jpg

Last edited:

aTX427

Also have another question; has anyone fabricated their own control arms with straight DOM or 7075? I have some 2" and 1.5" x .250 wall laying around and thought I might outfit them with some narrow JJ's, but wasn't sure how much offset I would need.

aTX427

Thanks for the heads up. It looks like both of them were shipped that way from king.

Last edited:

aTX427

I have an Evo aluminum 1/4 Pounder on the way for the front but haven't decided on the rear as of yet. Will most likely pull the rear bumper / carrier and run with my spare strapped down in the cabin.

aTX427

What is the consensus on DTD / Level 8 wheels? I wasn't able to find a whole lot of bad press on their pro series other than some paint chipping early on, so I ordered a set of Bully Pro's.

Turbotastic

I'm running Bully Pros. No complaints really. They're lightweight, look great, and the rock rings are a nice feature. Just wish they were true beadlocks. I will upgrade to beadlocks eventually.

aTX427

I was mad at my bank account, so I ordered a Evo rear tire mount, aluminum rear bumper cover and tow hooks. I have some 2x2x.250 tube, so I may fab up some dual adjustable JJ control arms.

aTX427

Aluminum goodness

Attachments

• IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 673
  • IMG_0442.jpg
    IMG_0442.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 663
  • IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_0433.jpg
    IMG_0433.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 669
  • IMG_0415.jpg
    IMG_0415.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 728
  • IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 634
Last edited:

aTX427

The front is coming along nicely. I need to order the correct lower shock spacers and flex it out to figure out if the drag link flip will work without notching the frame.

Texas_Jester

Nice seeing what you are doing, I've subscribed to your thread to follow along. Just up the road from you a bit it seems and looking forward to seeing the progress you make on your jeep.

aTX427

The front went relatively smooth. The lower shock spacers looked rough cut and oversized just like the rear, so I will order some replacements from another source. One thing I noticed is the front drive shaft hits the factory front skid greatly limiting down travel. I need some assistance in recommending a good replacement.

Last edited:

aTX427

Front roughed in, tied up the brake lines and wheel sensor wires at full droop.

IMG_0429.jpg IMG_0421.jpg IMG_0417.jpg IMG_0416.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom