Close

Cheap alternative to Carfax?

I want to run a VIN on Carfax but dang, it's not cheap. Is there an alternative that won't cost me $60 for 5 reports?

Call your current insurance company and see if they'll do it for you. Just explain that you're considering buying a vehicle but want to make sure it's all good. They should be happy to do it as you'll be giving them more money if you buy, and they may be able to find out if anything is hidden. With that being said, a Carfax will only show what has been reported.

I heard positive feedback about Auto Check but never had personal experience with them.

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Call your current insurance company and see if they'll do it for you. Just explain that you're considering buying a vehicle but want to make sure it's all good. They should be happy to do it as you'll be giving them more money if you buy, and they may be able to find out if anything is hidden. With that being said, a Carfax will only show what has been reported.
    Good idea. Geico said no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy5160 View Post
    I heard positive feedback about Auto Check but never had personal experience with them.
    Thanks. I'll check them out.