Rear Thrust angle- shorten control arms?

zimm

Caught the Bug
I thought some moderator on the forum changed your user name as a joke, but looks like you're just a sports fan.

The Cock Father

Which way is your thrust angle pointed? Is it adjustable uppers and lowers?

It's positive, so toward the passenger side.

Adjustable uppers and lowers.

My thought is adjust both upper and lower CA same amount and shift passenger side forward enough to correct angle.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It's positive, so toward the passenger side.

Adjustable uppers and lowers.

My thought is adjust both upper and lower CA same amount and shift passenger side forward enough to correct angle.

You can either shorten the passenger side or lengthen the drive side. Just make sure that both lowers match in length from side to side as well as the uppers

The Cock Father

You can either shorten the passenger side or lengthen the drive side. Just make sure that both lowers match in length from side to side as well as the uppers

But if both lowers match and both uppers match, then I'm in the same place. I think I need to shorten both upper and lower on passenger side only.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
But if both lowers match and both uppers match, then I'm in the same place. I think I need to shorten both upper and lower on passenger side only.

If your thrust angle is off then they are not matching. An 1/8" makes a world of a difference when it comes to alignments

The Cock Father

If your thrust angle is off then they are not matching. An 1/8" makes a world of a difference when it comes to alignments

I feel like you're exactly right. But I'm very confident that at the exact same length, my thrust angle is still way off. This is with a new Dynatrac 60.

My thrust angle was 0.27 degrees. I then shortened passenger upper and lower control arms one full rotation. This improved my thrust angle to 0.22. That is barely in spec according to the alignment shop.

By my theory, I can probably take out another three turns to get closer to 0 (presumably 0.07 degrees) but then my passenger side rear control arms will be four full turns shorter than the driver side. That seems wrong, but I can't reduce the thrust angle any other way (that I know of).

I feel like my axle is centered and I measured several times to confirm.

Any insight?

Top Bottom