Thread: Need buying advice please. 97 TJ

Fresh Catch

Need buying advice please. 97 TJ

Hi everyone, hoping to buy my first jeep very soon. I come from a long line of jeep lifers and it's my turn to join up.

So I found this beauty in Craigslist and I'm taking a look at her tonight with my husband and dad, but wanted to get some insight from others before possibly wasting a long drive.

Looking forward to your comments and thoughts. Thanks!

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/6137644126.html

Looks nice. Miles are kind of high... and it's a 20 year old vehicle, so keep that in mind. Body and everything looks to be in good shape. I think the price is a little high BUT, negotiating is a thing so if you can talk down the price a little I say go for it
    2006 Jeep TJ
    "The Banana Jeep"

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaJeep View Post
    Looks nice. Miles are kind of high... and it's a 20 year old vehicle, so keep that in mind. Body and everything looks to be in good shape. I think the price is a little high BUT, negotiating is a thing so if you can talk down the price a little I say go for it
    Thank you for your help. Unfortunately I ran the vin and found out it's only a 4cyl. So it's off the table.

Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

The 2.5 is under powered, but essentially just a 4.0 with two less cylinders. I LOVE my 2.4 4cyl.... it's light and keeps the center of gravity low, making offroading much easier.
    2006 Jeep TJ
    "The Banana Jeep"