Atx slabs wrong install

Andy5160

Hooked
So here is my story which I wanted to share and hopefully someone out there can benefit from my experience. I got my 35's and the Slabs through a guy who knew a guy. So the second guy had a shop and mounted tires on the rims the way he felt was the right way. So here I am wheeling my Jeep with some local guys who admired my wheels however none of them knew shit about beadlocks up until I had a trip with a Wayalife guys, at that point I was wheeling my beadlocks for almost a year. So I was very surprised when Cozdude(Steve) came up to me and said "Do you know your wheels assembled wrong?" "You have a shiny ring but it serves no purpose other then decorative." I was surprised and kind of socked, in my mind I got the full set of wheels assembled from a shop so how could that be???? Well , all I can say that after watching the video of Mel of ORE explaining how to properly mount beadlocks it was clear to me that the shop Fucked Up.
Here are the pictures of what I did yesterday to correct the issue. I don't know if I was in any danger running the wheels the way they were assembled but it is an old story now.

1.After removing the wheel, deflating them and removing the ring you can clearly see that the lip of the tire is behind the rim itself. Basically the tire was mounted on the rim traditional way, both lips behind the rim and the ring just set on top without serving its purpose.
IMG_7248.JPG
IMG_7249.JPG
2.On the two pictures below you can see proper way to position the lip of the tire. It has to be as close as possible to the ring with the nutserts and then the ring has to go on top. Let me tell you that the royal pain in the ass was to get the lip of the tire from behind the rim considering I only had pry bar hammer and the screwdriver:) and I was by myself.
IMG_7250.JPG
IMG_7251.JPG
3. So it took me close to six hours to get four beadlock wheels disassembled and assembled back the right way. Here are the two pictures of one of the corrected beadlocks I have and my spare tire with the wrong install. I did not have it in me to fix that one. I hope you can see(hope pictures are not too small) that all the little lettering should be exposed and under no circumstances covered by the ring.
IMG_7256.JPG
IMG_7257.JPG
Hope this post will help someone out there. Thank you Coz for pointing out this fuck up. Yes I know it took me five month to fix:bleh::bleh::bleh:

Attachments

• IMG_7254.JPG
    IMG_7254.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Sometimes you just gotta do shit yourself to get it done right Andy. Good job! Have a nice cigar & single malt to end the day!

Andy5160

Hooked
Sometimes you just gotta do shit yourself to get it done right Andy. Good job! Have a nice cigar & single malt to end the day!

No shit! Every day I come to the same conclusion that if I want things done right I have to do it myself no matter what it is Jeep or business.

I see that you will hold me up to the promise i made last trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Nice job and kick back a tall one. You have more ambition than I would. I would have went to a tire shop or hell... I might have taken it back to the shop even a year later and told them to fix it. But then again easier said then done. I just know how much of a bitch it is to unmount and the things by hand. The suck factor is way up there...But glad you got it done! 🍻

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Wow
That sounds like a pain
Pretty obvious if you watch Mel's install video they did it wrong.
Like others said. The suck factor is way up there
You did it pretty fast if you ask me. 6 hours to fix that is awesome if you did it yourself.
Took me 5 hours to mount mine up

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
Nice job and kick back a tall one. You have more ambition than I would. I would have went to a tire shop or hell... I might have taken it back to the shop even a year later and told them to fix it. But then again easier said then done. I just know how much of a bitch it is to unmount and the things by hand. The suck factor is way up there...But glad you got it done! 🍻

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks man it was a royal pain in the ass. I did have an air ratchet but still to get that lip from behind the rim was a killer for me.

Andy5160

Hooked
Wow
That sounds like a pain
Pretty obvious if you watch Mel's install video they did it wrong.
Like others said. The suck factor is way up there
You did it pretty fast if you ask me. 6 hours to fix that is awesome if you did it yourself.
Took me 5 hours to mount mine up

I am still in pain!!!!!!!! My back hurts!!!!!!!!!:grayno::grayno:

WJCO

Meme King
Crazy shit. I would have never noticed as I don't know shit about these things. Glad Steve was around to show you the truth. :thumb:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So glad you got them mounted up right Andy! Gonna send you a text in the morning since I one again forgot to reply to your last one :naw: :grayno: :doh:

JKbrick

Makes you wonder how many other sets of these those ftards screwed up? They are probably wondering why everyone says it's so much work to mount them. I would think with the ring on the tire would not come off but I'm surprised they didn't leak. I guess they can't read the instructions in the box
Image1495335335.433381.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
Crazy shit. I would have never noticed as I don't know shit about these things. Glad Steve was around to show you the truth. :thumb:

Steve has a good eye I assume :)

So glad you got them mounted up right Andy! Gonna send you a text in the morning since I one again forgot to reply to your last one :naw: :grayno: :doh:

You can wish me Good Night!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't have known, if I hadn't watched that video, you mentioned.

That video is a MUST watch before the install.

Andy5160

Hooked
Makes you wonder how many other sets of these those ftards screwed up? They are probably wondering why everyone says it's so much work to mount them. I would think with the ring on the tire would not come off but I'm surprised they didn't leak. I guess they can't read the instructions in the box
View attachment 259645

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Funny part that they gave me back exactly the same instructions where it clearly says do not install the way they did. And I am as surprised they did not leak as well.

Last edited:

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Funny part that they gave me back exactly the same instructions where it clearly says do not install the way they did. And I am as surprised they did not leak as well.

The most amazing accomplishment of the wrong process. Almost like this technician was proud to be the world's tallest midget.

Sullivan

I truly believe that if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.
There are extremely few shops that actually have any idea of what they are doing to these off road jeeps and the aftermarket parts.

Top Bottom