King shocks psi?

zimm

Caught the Bug
Why? I'm already saying what king told me.

Hi Greg, the shocks should have 70 psi in the reservoirs at extension. As for the pressure when weight is applied and the shocks compress this will depend on how much the shock is compressed and whether or not the shocks have been recently driven on. What we recommend it that you check the pressure with the vehicle lifted and the shocks extended.

Nick Kelleher
King Shock Technology, Inc.
Direct 714 622 4639
Main Office 714 530 8701
cid:image001.png@01D1E1A7.CFAFAD80

zimm

Caught the Bug
Awesome thank you! What places usually have nitrogen ? Just to fill up the shock for now?

I would try a motorcycle shop, they usually service the nitrogen on dirt bike and sport bike shocks. You want to jack up that corner of the jeep and put 70psi in it at full extension.

This was just a google find, but maybe find a dealership that does nitrogen tire fills. See if they can do 70psi (I'm sure they can).

http://www.nitrofill.com/customerdealers.aspx

Benito

Caught the Bug
Dammm. 70 psi. I’ve got my 2.0’s set to 165 and I think it rides perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Are you filling/measuring with the weight of the Jeep on the shock? The 75psi number is of the shock fully extended with no weight on it, once compressed and weighed down the psi will increase to a number similar to what you are set at

Gobicon2017

Are you filling/measuring with the weight of the Jeep on the shock? The 75psi number is of the shock fully extended with no weight on it, once compressed and weighed down the psi will increase to a number similar to what you are set at

I believe that the king bumps are supposed to be around 50 to 70 psi

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

SilverBack775

I called King today and they said to fill the 2.5’s to 70psi for the unlimited jk. And you can do it with the shocks on the Jeep. No need to fill droop them or any other thing. 70 psi nitrogen and also Costco no longer fills nitrogen into shocks or other things. Strictly tires only. I did find that Big O tires does Gil nitrogen in shocks for $8 bucks a shock.

Top Bottom