Front XD60 Order: Missing anything before placing order?

mastrcruse

Complete Custom Dynatrac Pro Rock XD60-1550LT Series Front Axle Assembly - 2007-2017 Jeep JK
Custom Machined Dynatrac JK Pro Rock XD60-1550LT Series High Ground Clearance High Pinion (Reverse-cut) 35 Spline Heavy Duty Nodular Iron Front Axle Housing, Includes:
- Matched Housing Geometry, Pinion Angle, and Wheel Alignment for Lifted JK Suspension
- Axle Width 68.5"
- Heavy Duty Lightweight 3.75" Diameter x .25" Thick Wall DOM Axle Tubing, Installed
- Dynatrac Pro Rock XD60 1550-Series Forged Steel End Forgings, Installed
- Dynatrac Pro Rock XD60 Heavy Duty 3/16" Thick Fabricated JK Front Coil Spring Suspension Bracket Assembly Kit, Installed
- Dynatrac Pro Rock XD60 Heavy Duty Nodular Iron Powder Coated Diff Cover, O-ring Seal, 7/16" Diff Cover Bolts, Installed
- Axle is Detailed and Painted Dynatrac Gloss Black

Differential, Eaton ELocker4, D60, 4.56+, 35 Spline, 14023-010
Ring & Pinion, Super 60, 10.1" Ring Gear Diameter, 4.88 Ratio, Reverse-cut, Dana OEM 707475-4X
Ring & Pinion Set-up Kit, XD60 Front, D60 Carrier Bearings, Includes Dynatrac Exclusive XD60 Big Inner Pinion Bearing, Dana OEM, Installed

Input Yoke, 1350 U-Bolt Style, Dana OEM, Installed
U-Bolt Kit, 1350 Yoke, Included
Axle Shaft Kit, Pro Rock XD60-1550LT Series, 2007-2017 JK, 68.5" Width, Domestic 4340 Material, 35 Spline 1.5" Diameter, 10.40" Stubby Outers, Spicer 1550 U-Joints, with Boot Seals, Installed
Knuckle Kit, Dynatrac Pro Rock XD60 1550LT-Series, Aluminum, RH & LH, .620" Top-Down Tie Rod Taper & .620" Bottom-Up Drag Link Taper, Installed
Ball Joint Kit, Dynatrac 1550LT-Series, 2 Uppers and 2 Lowers
Dynatrac Pro Rock XD60-1550LT Series Front Wheel End Assembly Kit, 8 on 6.5", Installed, Includes:
- Dynatrac Heat-treated Chromoly Spindles
- Dynatrac Nodular Iron Wheel Hubs
- 8 on 6.5" Wheel Bolt Pattern with 9/16" Wheel Studs
- Serviceable D60 Timken Tapered Wheel Bearings
- Disc Brake Assembly Kit, Includes Dual Piston Calipers & 13.25" Diameter Vented Rotors

Dynatrac DynaLoc Heavy Duty 35 Spline Manual Locking Hub Assembly Kit, for Stub Hub Kit, Installed
JK ABS/Traction Control Retrofit, Front, Dynatrac XD60-1550LT Series, Installed
Tie Rod Assembly, JK Pro Rock XD60-1550LT Series, 68.5" Width, Included
Drag Link Adjustment Sleeve Assembly Kit, Drag Link, 2007-2017 JK, Included
85-140W GL-5 Gear Oil, Installed

GraniteCrystal

No experience on this at all, but increasing wall thickness by another 1/16" seems nice. Maybe it's unnecessary though? Seems a lot cheaper than replacing the axle tube though.

mastrcruse

That's an awful lot of tire for 4.88. Im sure you're just matching the rear, but I would imagine now is the time to change that.

Dynatrac and Ive talked about this and it's one of the only questions I'm still on the fence about. Balancing between DD and offroad capability is up in the air. 4.88 is okay for DD but will be made up in t case reduction for offroad, 5.38 will be on the performance side and might be less DD friendly.

I'm okay with changing the rear, no problem, however from 4.88 to 5.38 is about 250 rpm but the torque would be noticeable. Talking with dynatrac, 4.88 seemed a bit more doable with my goal of superchargering.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Gear Ratios is based on Engine and transmission more than anything, People who go 5.X and above are usually compensating on stock engines, It's not uncommon to go back to the 4x or even as low as the 3's when you move to bigger engines like LS swaps.

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Dynatrac and Ive talked about this and it's one of the only questions I'm still on the fence about. Balancing between DD and offroad capability is up in the air. 4.88 is okay for DD but will be made up in t case reduction for offroad, 5.38 will be on the performance side and might be less DD friendly.

I'm okay with changing the rear, no problem, however from 4.88 to 5.38 is about 250 rpm but the torque would be noticeable. Talking with dynatrac, 4.88 seemed a bit more doable with my goal of superchargering.[/QUOTE

I have a 2014 on 40's with automatic and 5.38's and can say on the road it is perfect. At 70 I'm at about 2700rpm's. I'm not sure about super charger, but stock motor 5.38's with 40's are the way to go.

mastrcruse

Just got a message back from dyantrac about the larger tube. The XD60 was released to be stronger BUT lighter than the prorock60. The thicker tube negates the lighter selling point of the XD60. Id be interested to know if Mel has the thicker tube on spicy chicken and Eddie on rubicat.

Gear Ratios is based on Engine and transmission more than anything, People who go 5.X and above are usually compensating on stock engines, It's not uncommon to go back to the 4x or even as low as the 3's when you move to bigger engines like LS swaps.

I think I kinda have to disagree with this comment. It's this all about gearing, especially with an LS engine.

E.g. I have an LS3 with a 6L80 and it's 4:1 low gear vs. the 2.8 something on the stock tranny and there is NO way I'd want 3.7x gears especially on 40" tires which the OP was wanting to do. I'm running 4.56 on 37's which is awesome for the road, but 4.88's would have been a slightly better gear for the trail. On 40's which I'm also going to and 60's... I'll take Robbies suggestion and do 5.13's. I *think* Eddie has 5.38's in his and likes that combo. But remember the 6l80 has a lower low and higher high than the stock tranny which is what you have to deal with on an LS conversion usually.

Just got a message back from dyantrac about the larger tube. The XD60 was released to be stronger BUT lighter than the prorock60. The thicker tube negates the lighter selling point of the XD60. Id be interested to know if Mel has the thicker tube on spicy chicken and Eddie on rubicat.

I'm assuming you are aware of their delivery timing? (BTW, not a ding, they have been completely forthcoming with how busy they are right now). But you might want to get in the queue with the things you know now, and tweak what you need to tweak before they finally build as its going to be a number of weeks out I believe... I'm waiting 8 and more likely 10 for a set of the PR60 HardCore kit axles, which puts them into July time frame.

mastrcruse

I'm assuming you are aware of their delivery timing? (BTW, not a ding, they have been completely forthcoming with how busy they are right now). But you might want to get in the queue with the things you know now, and tweak what you need to tweak before they finally build as its going to be a number of weeks out I believe... I'm waiting 8 and more likely 10 for a set of the PR60 HardCore kit axles, which puts them into July time frame.

Yep, been very transparent but I'm really not in a hurry. I'm thinking I'll order in the next 2 weeks once I make all the decisions final.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I think I kinda have to disagree with this comment. It's this all about gearing, especially with an LS engine.

I wasn't implying that you don't use 5.38 gearing with an LS, just that Dynatrac might have recommended 4.88 based on his engine/tranny/tcase combo and we didn't have all the facts

For example, green machine when he was running the diesel engine before his ls swap had some strange gear ratio based on that combination he had

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mastrcruse

I ordered the rear in 4.88 thinking I was sticking with 37's...which has changed.

The optimum gear ratio (balancing DD/offroad) seems to be 5.13 but dynatrac didn't think it was worth taking the rear from a 4.88 to 5.13. With a supercharger in the future, saving money not regearing the rear.

I'm running a 3.6 auto and have a supercharger in mind. However, 5.38 might be the way to go. Again, not against regearing.

WJCO

Meme King
I ordered the rear in 4.88 thinking I was sticking with 37's...which has changed.

The optimum gear ratio (balancing DD/offroad) seems to be 5.13 but dynatrac didn't think it was worth taking the rear from a 4.88 to 5.13. With a supercharger in the future, saving money not regearing the rear.

I'm running a 3.6 auto and have a supercharger in mind. However, 5.38 might be the way to go. Again, not against regearing.

Being that they're building the axles for you, I would lean on the side of the 5.13s. I'm not in the 40s or 60s camp, but if you're already looking into a supercharger, you're a power guy, and I say get all you can now so you don't have to pay for more labor if you change your mind later.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
If I remember correctly, if you go with 5.13's, you will have to go with a smaller ring gear. Since your wanting a supercharger, or preferably an LS, maybe 4.88 is the best for you. How long until you make engine upgrades? And is your rear 60 a full float?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mastrcruse

Being that they're building the axles for you, I would lean on the side of the 5.13s. I'm not in the 40s or 60s camp, but if you're already looking into a supercharger, you're a power guy, and I say get all you can now so you don't have to pay for more labor if you change your mind later.

Right, want to decide the front gear ratio and have Dynatrac build the axle to that spec. They will setup the axle that'll ultimately drive what the rear becomes or stays. He just thought the the jump from 4.88 to 5.13 wasn't worth it.

Top Bottom