Squeaky Brakes

JjDuder

98 Cherokee XJ
So whenever I hit the brakes they make a loud squeaking, but only when I apply a certain amount of pressure. For instance, if I were to rate the pressure that I apply to the pedal (0 being no pressure and 10 is slamming on the brakes) the squeaking only shows up around 3-5. It seems to be coming from the front passenger side. I've already checked the pad but there was still half of it left. Any other ideas on what it could be and how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.

WJCO

Meme King
Dirt/debris in pads or even a higher metallic content in the pad. It happens. You can sometimes scuff the pad surface with sandpaper evenly and resurface the rotors to get it to go away without replacing the pads, but you could just get a set of pads at an Auto parts store for 25-30 bucks and be done with it. Also check for any axle seal leaks that may have contaminated the pad.

JjDuder

Dirt/debris in pads or even a higher metallic content in the pad. It happens. You can sometimes scuff the pad surface with sandpaper evenly and resurface the rotors to get it to go away without replacing the pads, but you could just get a set of pads at an Auto parts store for 25-30 bucks and be done with it. Also check for any axle seal leaks that may have contaminated the pad.
Thanks, I'll give it a try

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

madstiles

Disassemble cleaned everything with brake clean and inspect pads and rotors. Make sure pads are evenly worn and not on angle. If they are on an angle you have a caliper issue or pads are binding on slides. A caliper issue can most time be fixed by taking it apart and cleaning the inside and pistons really well I use really fine steel wool bit do not use it in the rubber o ring clean it really well with brake clean before reassemble . Also check for gouges in rotors and that they aren't not glazed. When you reassemble lube back of pads and contact points that they slide on. Make sure to clean any contaminates from rotor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom