Scott's build of a CJ7

GraniteCrystal

I don't even own this yet, but I figured I'd like a place to dump photos of ones I do like and start putting together some ideas and getting feedback. Hoping to find something in the sub-$5k range that has little to no rust and then fix it up from there. Right now the plan is an '82 or newer CJ7 so it'll have widetrack axles, power steering, etc. End goal is to fix it up, restore it, give it a new paint job, etc and keep it as a little get-around-mobile for small trips around town.

I like the half doors, the gauges, the truck feeling with that bikini top, and the classic fenders on this one
cj7_1.jpg

Love the low stance on this guy. Not going to lift my build at all. Also kind of digging that chrome side step. Good place to put your foot when doors are off
cj7_2.jpg

Love the color of this one; red is a top contender. Also really like the chrome hood latches and the chrome grill. I hate chrome except on these classic Jeeps. I don't like the tube bumper or steps though.
cj7_3.jpg

DeJkUnlimited

Caught the Bug
Good luck finding one.....you'll probably nab one before I do as I'm in no particular hurry (trying to find the right one by early August). Like you, I am really fond of the classic appearance of the CJ. I'll be following your thread!

GraniteCrystal

I'm intrigued by this shifter knob
Screenshot_20170601-105225-440x326.png

I like the brushed aluminum look of this dash. I think it'll be this or chrome. Chrome may be blinding in the sun?
Screenshot_20170601-105425-441x314.png

I like these hood latches
Screenshot_20170601-105851-427x578.png

I like this steering wheel
Screenshot_20170601-105858-510x405.png

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Steering wheel (had one in my 77) and latches are original. Steering wheel is hard to get if it doesn't come with. Latches can be had in stainless which helped a bunch from getting rusty when I was in MI.

briand

Like what your looking at so far. I'm in a CJ7 as my daily driver. It has taken 3 years to get it to that point and there is still a lot more to go. Good luck on finding a good one to work with[emoji106]. I look forward to the build

Sent from the never ending trail

Top Bottom