The build of M81 (Unofficial name)

Bierpower

Hooked
It has been a long time coming, but I finally got my jeep. I have always loved the commando green, but for the price I was looking, I ended up with a 2011 natural green JKUR. I got a 2011 with the plan to do an LS soon after getting it, but after driving this one across the Colorado mountains to get it home I found out that the V8 needed to happen much soon than I thought if I am going to be taking this thing out on trips. This is the first week with it and with luck, work was slow on Wednesday and the weather was great so I pulled the top, packed up my passengers, and headed into the mountains for a little fun.
First stop was for lunch and water for the pups.
IMG_20170524_120618356.jpg
Then I came upon the local poser rock and decided to strut some factory flex
IMG_20170524_122043438_HDR.jpg
Factory Flex.jpg
Then I found a nice stream and decided it would make a good shot for a new wallpaper on the work computer
Scenic.jpg
and then headed back down to the house to meet the wife after work because one of us has to be a responsible adult
overlook.jpg

Overall it was a good day. Got some good ideas for a build list and got to do some trail checks since I bought the jeep used.

Bierpower

Hooked
Rattle Can Mods

I couldn't stand the jeep looking completely stock so I got out the spray paint and did some free mods. I've always liked the idea of the red hooks on the hardrock so pulled mine off and sprayed them.

tow hooks.jpg

I also wanted to do the dash trim, but I didn't want to just paint it all black so I used some darker silver I had laying around the garage.

vents and door trim.jpg

Nothing major yet but it's in the works

Bierpower

Hooked
IMG_20170529_114946800.jpg Both diffs were a little leaky so I decided to go ahead and change out the fluids. Found out somebody used one of those sweet paper gaskets, so I threw them away and sealed them up with the right stuff.

Sent from my XT1565 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bierpower

Hooked
The first will he the first time out on the trail with somebody other than the wife so I figured it was time to replace the Walmart hand-helds and mount up the CB. Now I just have to make it through an entire week of work. IMG_20170625_113717613_HDR.jpg

Bierpower

Hooked
So after three weekends of wheeling (especially wheeler lake today) the underside of the Jeep is in need of some rattle can touch up. With some of the hits this stuff has taken, I can't see spending money on aftermarket skids any time soon.
Driver side LCA mount
IMG_20170722_192909362_HDR.jpg
Passenger LCA mount and cross members
IMG_20170722_192933773.jpg
Fuel tank skid
IMG_20170722_192942860.jpg
The first grind on the factory rim
IMG_20170722_193024846.jpg

Kyle7R

So after three weekends of wheeling (especially wheeler lake today) the underside of the Jeep is in need of some rattle can touch up. With some of the hits this stuff has taken, I can't see spending money on aftermarket skids any time soon.
Driver side LCA mount
View attachment 269355
View attachment 269356
Fuel tank skid
View attachment 269357
View attachment 269358

Ruh roh, rock rash!

I'm right there with you, bouncing this thing off of rocks stock makes me appreciate how capable it is.

Adding a transmission skid to mine, just because of how exposed the coolant lines are.

WJCO

Meme King
Man, you've taken some good hits on that thing. IIRC, you still have a temporary tag on that thing? Way to get it out and use it. Like your pictures show, the factory metal holds up just fine.

JeepJeep75

Driver side LCA mount
View attachment 269355
View attachment 269356
Fuel tank skid
View attachment 269357
View attachment 269358

You should consider getting some skids. I've realized that skids are an expendable item. They wear, and do have a lifespan. You can more easily replace skids than vital, expensive parts under your jeep. I recently destroyed my exhaust skid. The skid was toasted, but the pipe was untouched.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom