Pack your trash

Journeyman

So this afternoon we were out at a friends ranch relaxing and having some cocktails when we heard some gun fire nearby. Being that his property is surrounded by BLM land it's not an uncommon thing. There are several unofficial designated spots to fire your weapons in the area. After ninety minutes we finally decided to go check it out and confront and inform them that the local fire department had just posted signs before the wknd that no shooting is allowed during fire season for the obvious reasons of wild fire risk. Anyways they were polite enough and claimed to be ignorant to the fire risks and wrapped up their session. Fast forward 5 hrs later, the wife and I are headed out and back into town and stop at their shooting location to discover that they didn't clean up a bunch of broken clay pigeons. We spent five minutes cleaning up their mess. The ironic thing is that I discovered in our conversations that they just inherited a lot across the street from our home and are going to build a wknd cabin. I think I'm going to give them their garbage back!
Anyways pack your trash! I cannot tell you how many times we've picked up other people's trash. When we travel we don't go to see the the beauty of this rad planet we are blessed to be a part of covered in your trash. Leave it better than you found it. Also they had a couple kids, wtf is that teaching these future adults. Oh and yes they had a jku 🤡

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Glad you posted this. There are some areas around here that are the same, Broken clays everywhere. Really pisses me off. You don't even have to be a hardcore greenie to know the basics of picking up after yourself. Also, as a shooter, these type of people can be a contributing factor in an area being closed down and other responsible users will no longer have access.

black pearl

Hooked
I always put the spare tier trash bag on before I go out and almost always come back with a lot more then what I took with me ... a local club last weekend did a trip up to some BLM land and they came back with almost a two gallon bucket of nails someone was out burning pallets. It's a shame people don't respect what we have

Journeyman

Don't get me wrong I love shooting just as much as the next guy. But I cannot stand clay pigeons because of the mess they make. And once someone starts using them in a location, everyone see's that as shooting location.
I just get tired of that are unaware of their surroundings. Anyways everyone have an rad holiday wknd.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
I usually carry trash bags but would like to carry the bag you see hanging on the spare tire of some Jeep's any recommendations.

Last edited:

Mtb275

I pay my kids 25 cents for every piece of trash they find and pick up when out on a trail. It gets them looking out the window and involved with the woods. They love it. I'll tell you, it can get expensive. I did this on a 4wd poker run and it cost me $60 in trash over 2 days. Surprisingly most of the trash was old stuff, not from the poker run.

Journeyman

I pay my kids 25 cents for every piece of trash they find and pick up when out on a trail. It gets them looking out the window and involved with the woods. They love it. I'll tell you, it can get expensive. I did this on a 4wd poker run and it cost me $60 in trash over 2 days. Surprisingly most of the trash was old stuff, not from the poker run.

That is awesome! Great job in teaching them how to be responsible and the value of what it takes to earn a buck.

97mule

Trash on Trails

Me and the wife were on Backway to Crown King 3mos ago, we were pissed off about all the trash on trail. we filled up a kitchen trash bag full of shit!!!

GraniteCrystal

There have been some Instagram accounts popping up recently that show pics of people not obeying the signs, littering, etc for public humiliation and shame. We have one just for Colorado. I think Utah has one too.

MTG

Caught the Bug

Great idea! :yup:

Top Bottom