Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoking Brakes and towing

Fresh Catch
    I have drove seems millions of miles and brakes failures are common from inexperienced drivers. Steady even pressure is the key to keeping brakes cool. And always use gears before brakes the hill you talk about I've hauled overweight loads down talking over 100 k and never had hot brakes kept speed down around ten the whole pass. Steady even pressure when it would run up. To twenty. Then gears to speed again never got the brakes smoking at all. Jab them on creates ten times the heat and you cannot she'd that much heat in short distance especially in warm weather. Usually not even in winter.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using WAYALIFE mobile app

If the brakes are hot enough to start bellowing smoke, and you pull over. The chances of a fire are much greater.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12