Largest tires possible w/o lift kit

uknowit4now

Hey all, im new here and this is my 1st post. I have a 2012 Sahara with p255 70 18 tires. What is the largest size tire i can go without a lift kit and without affecting the integrity of the steering\suspension\turning etc......

I just need new tires i am going to keep the rims for now.. 20170527_202038.jpg

Last edited:

Napalm

Most people can do a 265-285(33ish) tire stock. You might have some slight rubbing at full lock or off-road but they will look good.

I would do a 33 and cut my factory fenders. On no lift it looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Benito

Caught the Bug
I like to say the limit is determined by how much you want to cut off your Jeep. Since you put stipulations I would go ahead and agree with Napalm and Granite

MrEmmDubya

285 70 17, you will want wheel spacers with stock wheels and I had to do very mild trimming on the front air dam. At full turn the wheel will rub on the corners of the air dam.

Attachments

• 20170527_142959.jpg
    20170527_142959.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 246

Eggdashure

Agree with all of the comments here. My Rubicon came with 285/70/17's and the PO put washers on the steering stops to reduce rubbing at full lock. It worked well, but would occasionally rub on the trails. [emoji2] 20170325_101231.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

JFKrubicon

So I found this guy on you tube his channel is called autoedit, he fits a 37" BFG on stick rims with no lift. Now I don't think I'm supposed to put a link in here plus I don't know how to do that stuff anyways. It's a good channel to watch

WJCO

Meme King
So I found this guy on you tube his channel is called autoedit, he fits a 37" BFG on stick rims with no lift. Now I don't think I'm supposed to put a link in here plus I don't know how to do that stuff anyways. It's a good channel to watch

:thinking: Um, OK..... Welcome aboard.

FallonJeeper

Long story short on the video.

Required 1 1/2 wheel spacers.
Trimming the rear body seam and stock slider.

At ride height the front tires rubbed the frame rail at full turn.

He didn't test the flex in the video, but did film the "beer run".
He encountered rubbing on the street.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

HoosierWolf

I watched that video and his is a Rubicon which if I'm not wrong, is slightly taller than a sport and also he did some mods pretty darned quick because issues.

Top Bottom