Shock issue

kawimoto

Just took my jeep Offroad and the shocks are hitting the frame and bending at max articulation, I thought the unlimited housing moved the shocks mount and cured this?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

kawimoto

Axle is center too... it just sucks to have to cut on a brand new axle to move the mounts out more, the brackets currently are centered under the coil perch. Seems if they were all the way to the outboard edge of the perches they'd be good at max droop

black pearl

Hooked
Axle is center too... it just sucks to have to cut on a brand new axle to move the mounts out more, the brackets currently are centered under the coil perch. Seems if they were all the way to the outboard edge of the perches they'd be good at max droop

How big of lift are you running? Do your Springs stay seated at full droop? Have you thought about limiting straps, with that much articulation might get driveline bind. Do you have a picture of it at full droop.

kawimoto

4" metalcloak coils, yes they stay seated, no driveline bind, rock krawler mid arms. I'll have to get pics, it was at night and couldn't get good photos then

kawimoto

I was looking at metalcloak as well. Inner spec on the shock mount matches stock but outer will be larger due to the thicker brackets. Not sure if any would work that are bolt on. Might just have to cut them off and move them out

Top Bottom