Officially planning my trip out West

longarmwj

Like the title says, I think it's time that I make a trip out West! I'm shooting for early to mid 2018 (around May-June). Obviously I will be driving out, either the JKU or the WJ I'm not sure which yet, but I want to know from my WAL family a few things:

1: Places to stay! Obviously I want to do some wheeling and meet as many Wayalifers as I can while I am out there, but I need to know good places to stay that are close to good trails. Last Chance Canyon is on my list, as well as....well...any trail from Eddies videos. So should I look for a hotel in the Carson City/Reno area?

2: things that I must see, or bars that I must hit.

3: who would want to go wheeling?

There is going to be a ton of planning involved obviously, and the plan is to live out of the Jeep up until I actually get to a hotel room to cut costs. Number crunching, it looks like the trip as a whole will run me about 6k, which honestly isn't that terrible. And then there is the matter of getting time off work to make the trip.

WJCO

Meme King
Take a good look at snow levels for the trails you want to run around that time of year. If the Sierras are anything like here, a lot of trails don't usually open until July. If you come through here, stop by and say hi.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Well if you go through southern Missouri you should hit up Southern Missouri Off Road Ranch (SMORR). Every level of trail available and allows camping. It's outside of Seymore, MO. Plus you can knock of a couple of Jeep Badges of Honor!

If you do, hit me up and I'll wheel!

ob_tj

Well being that I am only an hour and half from Tahoe if you run through that area I would definitely meet up with you and do a little wheeling. We have a bunch of trails just up the road from us in the Stanislaus and el Dorado NF

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

I'll be sure to meet up with as many people as I can! There are many Wayalifers I wanna share a beer with :cheesy:

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
We went a couple years ago the last week in May and first week in June. Most of the mountain pass trails were still closed in Southern Colorado .. We may go back next summer also after 4th of July. I'm wanting to take the the Alpine loop on my way to Moab.
Subscribing to follow your plans. I live in North Alabama, we may can travel together if our dates match up

Jeep with stuff on it. [emoji631]

rlew0083

We went a couple years ago the last week in May and first week in June. Most of the mountain pass trails were still closed in Southern Colorado .. We may go back next summer also after 4th of July. I'm wanting to take the the Alpine loop on my way to Moab.
Subscribing to follow your plans. I live in North Alabama, we may can travel together if our dates match up

Jeep with stuff on it. [emoji631]

August & September ar beest times for Southern CO. We have been going the last 7 or so years to hit the trails. Labor Day week this year. Can't wait.

Top Bottom