Spare tire mounted bike carrier

TJM

HI everyone,

I am trying to find a spare tire mounted bike carrier for my wife's JK Wrangler (2007). There's no hitch mount, which is why I need a tire mount.

I did a search but only found something about the Evo breaking a lot. Does anyone have any recommendations for a 2 or 3 bike carrier?

Thanks

Tom

TJM

That's a great idea. I didn't realize how simple it is to add a 2" receiver hitch. I already have a rack that will fit into the hitch for my vehicle, so we will end up sharing it (and saving $400). That Thule is nice though.

The one I have (not sure the make and model but can post pics later if anyone's interested) does drop down enough with bikes mounted to allow my rear hatch to open (2002 4Runner). I'm pretty sure it will clear the Jeep's door, and POSITIVE the rear window won't be an issue.

Soylent

I have owned a few from Yakima and Thule. I now own the Hollywood Racks 4 sport. Tilts down. You can pull off the outboard 2 racks to make it a 2 bike rack.
811aPCzVKSL._SX355_.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kaylinator

I modified mine to swing away. Of course NOW there are like 3 companies that sell something like this. Really should have got a patent...
FB_IMG_1496480712753.jpg

🇨🇦 eh?

Top Bottom