Wrangler Theft Ring Busted

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I love seeing scumbags like this get caught.

My thoughts exactly. My 2001 TJ was stolen and never recovered. I'm happy to hear that these guys were caught and hopefully someone won't lose their jeep to these a-holes now. Of course, the world has no shortage of them but at least it's something.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Assholes. I hope Chrysler will add SOME layers of protection so this doesn't continue. I mean seriously ONE dealership in Cabo San Lucas needs duplicate security keys for that many jeep wranglers? You'd think that would raise an eyebrow somewhere.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Assholes. I hope Chrysler will add SOME layers of protection so this doesn't continue. I mean seriously ONE dealership in Cabo San Lucas needs duplicate security keys for that many jeep wranglers? You'd think that would raise an eyebrow somewhere.

You'd certainly think so. There should be some proof of ownership to pull a security key code or SOMETHING! The weak link can always be a corrupt employee though. I'm glad they caught some of these pricks.

madstiles

You'd certainly think so. There should be some proof of ownership to pull a security key code or SOMETHING! The weak link can always be a corrupt employee though. I'm glad they caught some of these pricks.
To get a key for our Chevy made we had to show registration or title and drivers license. But I would guess someone at that stealership was in on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Each person that had their Jeep stolen by these douchebags should get the opportunity to dispense some personalized vigilante justice on each one of them.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

naysjp

I probably shouldn't say this, but I think FCA should shut down that POS dealership in Mexico. FCA can pull their franchise license. There is no way that dealership should remain open. They will just do it again. That was just bad all over the place. Several people ordering all those keyes and the dealership didn't bat an eye? Yeah, I guess I'm a little bitter still since my Jeep was stolen in 2014.

Draconianwinter

Worst part is that once they are in Mexico and get a Mexican tag put on them they can drive them here and no one wool do a damn thing about it. Friend of mound found his suburban in Laredo Texas about 6 months after it was stolen. He called the cops they told him that because it had a Mexican tag on it they couldn't do anything about it at all, and that if he done anything they would be arresting him.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

One way to prevent you from ever worry about it get it re-keyed to a different key than the factory key i'm a locksmith but don't do autos I have learned a lot from my friends you won't be able to use the factory code to get a key after that but also prevent anybody from being able to steal your jeep that way either

Top Bottom