Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GPS Vehicle Tracking systems

Question GPS Vehicle Tracking systems

My jeep is getting on up there in value with all the aftermarket upgrades that have been added to it over the years. It seems more and more on facebook I am seeing people's rigs or tow rigs being stolen which has me thinking of getting a vehicle gps tracking unit.

Does anybody have any recommendations or experience?

I found something like this https://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=129

I was looking for the same thing this morning.

A few threads on this topic below for you to brows. If I remember correctly the consensus is that a smart thief will be able to find and disable most of them, your best bet is to have good insurance that covers aftermarket upgrades.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...racker-on-Jeep

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...acking-devices

Doesn't know shit about wheeling Crystaliner's Avatar
    Spot trace!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've heard a lot of advertising for those Tile trackers. Not sure how they work but if you can put them on your key ring I can imagine it wouldn't be too hard to hide it some place on you Jeep.

Doesn't know shit about wheeling Crystaliner's Avatar
    The tiles only work with wifi

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GPS Vehicle Tracking systems

I'm currently using ez fleet tracking in over 70 trucks/heavy equipment at the company I work for . im the fleet maintenance manager. And idhave to say that it works amazingly . You can set Geo fences you can set off hour start time start times if anything happens in between the times you set you can get either text message or if the jeep moves at all even a foot. On or off You can get a text..we actually had a rash of break-ins and recovered some stolen equipment by placing a GPS hooked up to a battery in a backpack blower that let us to find all of our stolen stuff about 3 towns away... I received a text at 3 am saying the blower was traveling @60 mph down the highway called the police and they nabbed the guy ..... also super small Smaller than a deck of cards and only 3 wire install power ,ground and ignition

Last edited by Mediumsizetony; 06-06-2017 at 12:25 PM.
    Anything can be a hammer if u try hard enough and believe in yourself
    11 jk 2.5 rock crawler w 35...sold
    14 jku oscar mike , 3" evo with dragline flip w/37-...sold
    17 jku sport ....stock/ current ..sold
    08 jkR -current
    18 jl-current

Knows a Thing or Two Oreo_penguin536's Avatar
    Defiantly looking at one of these since the neighborhood I’m in isnt the best and I have no garage:/

Quote Originally Posted by g00se04 View Post
    My jeep is getting on up there in value with all the aftermarket upgrades that have been added to it over the years. It seems more and more on facebook I am seeing people's rigs or tow rigs being stolen which has me thinking of getting a vehicle gps tracking unit.

Does anybody have any recommendations or experience?

I found something like this https://www.gearhunder.com/best-gps-tracker-for-car/
    My mom is a popular car hidden GPS trackers. They are fixed by magnets and positioned with the help of Google Maps, which have good water resistance. What I have is my mom and the real-time tracking updates are fast.
    Last edited by WJCO; 01-14-2020 at 03:14 AM.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by helhelen View Post
    My mom is a popular car hidden GPS trackers. They are fixed by magnets and positioned with the help of Google Maps, which have good water resistance. What I have is my mom and the real-time tracking updates are fast.
    Do you have anything else on your Jeep, besides a gps tracker? Give us a wave, and post up a pic.

Last edited by WJCO; 01-14-2020 at 03:15 AM.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast