Wheel spacers 5x4.5

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Believe it or not I don't have spacers on my wheels... I have nice wheels that have integrated spacing that I managed to find on CL but I'm thinking about adding another inch and a half this summer. What brand do you guys recommend? This is the only picture I have on hand that sort of shows the spacing I have. Money won't be an issue which is why I won't buy cheap ebay spacers.

Attachments

• 20160406_093445.jpg
    20160406_093445.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 132

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
These should be coming to my doorstep once I get my last college class paid off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170628-225718.png
    Screenshot_20170628-225718.png
    112 KB · Views: 81

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
So here's my dilemma, the ford 8.8 axle is 0.95 inches narrower than the Dana 35. My initial plan was to run 1.5" spacers in the rear and 1" spacers in the front. Come to find out spidertrax doesn't make a 1" just a 1.25 and 1.5. I know a half inch off isn't bad overall but does anyone know any other American made companies that sell 1.5 and 1?

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
You'll find that most trucks and 4x4's until more recently had a rear end that was narrower than the front. They designed them that way as I understand it, so the back isn't just following the tracks (ruts) of the front. The back tires will have something to grab on to for traction in a mud or snow situation. The offset is really noticeable on older Chevy's from the 70's and 80's, they almost look like they are dog tracking when you are behind them.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
You'll find that most trucks and 4x4's until more recently had a rear end that was narrower than the front. They designed them that way as I understand it, so the back isn't just following the tracks (ruts) of the front. The back tires will have something to grab on to for traction in a mud or snow situation. The offset is really noticeable on older Chevy's from the 70's and 80's, they almost look like they are dog tracking when you are behind them.

^this. The current Toyota 70 series is roughly 2” narrower in the rear. It’s definitely noticeable but doesn’t affect performance.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom