2 door with 4 door springs

ajeepthing

I have a 2013 2 door sport and a buddy just lifted his 4 door and said I could have his springs. Question- what type of lift will this give me? Also do I need to change anything else? I was thinking of new shocks anyway but was wondering about brackets. I run 35" Gladiators now with aftermarket rims and cut flares...have no rubbing issues but haven't done hardcore flex yet. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

cmireles

I have a 2013 2 door sport and a buddy just lifted his 4 door and said I could have his springs. Question- what type of lift will this give me? Also do I need to change anything else? I was thinking of new shocks anyway but was wondering about brackets. I run 35" Gladiators now with aftermarket rims and cut flares...have no rubbing issues but haven't done hardcore flex yet. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Depending on the condition of the springs you could get maybe an inch or 2. It will almost definitely result in a stiffer ride. There are. No other modifications need to be done with the installation of these springs but when frogmech so graciously passed his on to me, I put rubicon (4 door) shocks on at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DKronk42

I had a set of 10a jkur could on my 2 door and I got a little over 2 inches, use say for for shocks designed for 1.5in to 3.5 inch

JKbrick

Just put 18/59 springs on a guys 2 door sport last Friday and it measured 1.5" of lift
He mentioned it rode a little stiffer but he said he liked it

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Been there, done that. I went from 14/56 coils on a light 2 door, to 17/59 coils. I got about an inch up front, and around 0.5" in the rear, and a stiff ride. I'd just do a spacer lift, rather than buy 4 door springs. Since he gave them to you, throw them on. You can decide whether you like the ride, or not.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

Did this about 6 months ago on mine, right after I did it with stock bumpers I was sitting at about 2 1/8" lift, I just re measured it a few days ago to see what I'm at now with an evo quarter pounder stinger and warn power plant im sitting at 1 1/8" in the front on 33s, didn't measure the rear, and I'm on the set of stock Rubicon shocks that came with the coils. 20170312_113128.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

ajeepthing

20170701_121615.jpg
Springs on...painted them red to match my theme. Also went with Fox shocks! Sits pretty high and leveled out so it's good for now. Next will be Synergy track bar, drag link and tie rods!

Jeep life maters!

DKronk42

was digging around and found some pics from the day I did my lift FB_IMG_1499628381102.jpg FB_IMG_1499628376256.jpg FB_IMG_1499628349914.jpg FB_IMG_1499628337295.jpg

the last 2 are after I went to my 33s

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Really? They are supposed to be shocks for 0"-2" lift...what would bump stops do for me?(Not exactly an expert on lifts...this is my first try).

Jeep life maters!

Bump stops would help prevent bottoming out the shock (which it does look like will happen if you wheel any) and damaging your new fox shocks. Typically you want to add an equal amount of bump stop as lift. So if you got 2" from the JKU coils and you have 0-2" lift shocks you may want to add an inch or two of bump stop. Hockey pucks are a cheap option.

Edit: I believe the collapsed length of those shocks are about 1" longer than stock (stock 14.75, Fox 15.55) so you'd want at least that much added bumpstop.

Last edited:

ajeepthing

Bump stops would help prevent bottoming out the shock (which it does look like will happen if you wheel any) and damaging your new fox shocks. Typically you want to add an equal amount of bump stop as lift. So if you got 2" from the JKU coils and you have 0-2" lift shocks you may want to add an inch or two of bump stop. Hockey pucks are a cheap option.

Edit: I believe the collapsed length of those shocks are about 1" longer than stock (stock 14.75, Fox 15.55) so you'd want at least that much added bumpstop.
Thank you for the info... I'll definitely look into it. I also plan on changing my drag link, sway bar and tie rod at some point. Not sure but was told it would help with the "flighty" feeling of lifting it.

Jeep life maters!

Top Bottom