Seeking Advice: Gears now or wait?

TheGoodLife

Looking for advice if I should pull the trigger or wait.

Situation: Rubicon JKU moving from 33" to 35". I've bought C Gussets from EVO and would like to install them. However looking at the instructions it appears I'll have to remove a number of parts from the axle to do so. If I'm going that far, should I just buy new gears (4.88) and install them at the same time.

Or should I just install the c gussets and wait to do the gears.

Thx in advance.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

Situation: Rubicon JKU moving from 33" to 35". I've bought C Gussets from EVO and would like to install them. However looking at the instructions it appears I'll have to remove a number of parts from the axle to do so. If I'm going that far, should I just buy new gears (4.88) and install them at the same time.

Thx in advance.

What does it say you'll have to remove? The only thing I can think is ball joints and even then it's optional.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As mentioned the most you really need to remove is the tires so you have room to work with.

Andy5160

Hooked
My plan to regear and weld gussets at the same time simply because same guy will do it for me. I don't see a reason to remove tires twice.
In regards to removing parts most guys I know did not.
Good luck

mrmet1983

they can even be done with the tires on :clap2: i did my brothers and we never even took the tires off

Clutch

Caught the Bug

Thx in advance.
The 4.10 gearing is fine with 35's, but to each there own. It's crazy expensive to re gear around here... Like $2600 expensive!

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom