Budget Air Compressor

What do you guys recommend for a budget air compressor? Something that can use a cigarette outlet or the 115v power outlet.

I've got 37's on my jeep currently and use my buddy's air compressor to air up when we ride together. I'm just looking for something temporary until I can get the ARB twin compressor.

WJCO

Meme King
You can get something at Walmart for around 50 bucks. But you'll likely be buying it again after it burns out. If it doesn't burn out, it will likely still get hot enough to trip the circuit breaker and you have to wait about 10 minutes before you can air up again. If your single, it's just a little frustrating, but if you're married with kids, the kids will start crying right about the time the first tire is done being aired up. By the second tire, you'll be getting dirty looks from the wife. Luckily, the next time you'll take the jeep out, you'll hopefully have your ARB Compressor Installed.This is a budget compressor.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
You could get the viair compressor for a little cheaper than the ARB but I wouldn't mess around with any of the cheaper ones not worth it.

fiend

Caught the Bug
This is what I used before I got my arb compressor. I would hook it up straight to the battery. Slow, but steady and filled up a 35 tire in a few minutes.

https://www.amazon.com/Industries-MV50-SuperFlow-12-Volt-Compressor/dp/B000BM8RT8

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've seen that design with various brand names. E.g. Tsunami, etc. They can be found online and in auto parts stores (e.g. pep boys), and for less than the cost at that link. I have one and it works pretty well. It will bring my 37s from 10 psi to 30 psi without complaint, though it's not the fastest in the world and it does get hot to the touch by the end.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom