Last minute run to the local mall

Being that I live in the Salt Lake valley in Utah, I'm fairly spoiled when it comes to access to trails that are close by. It's been about 6 years since I last made a trip up to American Fork canyon, but with a rare Monday off and nothing to do, I though I would check out one of my old favorite malls. Being that we had a huge winter I wanted to see how bad the runoff was so that I could get an idea of when to plan an actual wheeling trip. Needless to say, this was more of an exploratory trip but one I wanted share with you guys all the same.

IMG_5702.jpg Stopping at the parking lot of the Tibble fork res to air down for the long bumpy switchbacks ahead.

IMG_5704.jpg Pictures can't capture the speed but believe me, the water was moving hard and fast.
IMG_5705.jpg The river crossing up to the Forest Lake trail head is usually calm and shallow. But as expected, today it looked deep and super quick. Being that I was riding solo I decided to save it for another time.
IMG_5707.jpg The snow is almost gone from the peaks in the background. I love our mountains.
IMG_5711.jpg A little further up from the Forest Lake Trail head you come to Mineral basin on the back side of the Snowbird ski resort. All that's left of an old mine is some tailings and this old structure.
IMG_5713.JPG Looking up to Snowbird from the east. Still tons of snow up there.
IMG_5715.jpg Wouldn't be complete without a poser shot.

I'm planning to come back in a few weeks with other Jeep's so we can actually play a little bit.
And, hopefully I can get some good shots in for you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks all. I will hopefully have better pictures to share with you all in a couple weeks as will have some other people with me, and will be able to have way more fun.

kirstinthemermaid

Being that I live in the Salt Lake valley in Utah, I'm fairly spoiled when it comes to access to trails that are close by. It's been about 6 years since I last made a trip up to American Fork canyon, but with a rare Monday off and nothing to do, I though I would check out one of my old favorite malls. Being that we had a huge winter I wanted to see how bad the runoff was so that I could get an idea of when to plan an actual wheeling trip. Needless to say, this was more of an exploratory trip but one I wanted share with you guys all the same.

View attachment 262116 Stopping at the parking lot of the Tibble fork res to air down for the long bumpy switchbacks ahead.

View attachment 262117 Pictures can't capture the speed but believe me, the water was moving hard and fast.
View attachment 262118 The river crossing up to the Forest Lake trail head is usually calm and shallow. But as expected, today it looked deep and super quick. Being that I was riding solo I decided to save it for another time.
View attachment 262119 The snow is almost gone from the peaks in the background. I love our mountains.
View attachment 262120 A little further up from the Forest Lake Trail head you come to Mineral basin on the back side of the Snowbird ski resort. All that's left of an old mine is some tailings and this old structure.
View attachment 262121 Looking up to Snowbird from the east. Still tons of snow up there.
View attachment 262122 Wouldn't be complete without a poser shot.

I'm planning to come back in a few weeks with other Jeep's so we can actually play a little bit.
And, hopefully I can get some good shots in for you guys.

Wow that is one beautiful mall! Love it.

Top Bottom