Evo rock sliders low angle step vs. regular rock sliders?

Is the difference just that the low angle step comes out away from the jeep body more to create a more step up inside the jeep? I am trying to find the one that would provide for more clearance but can't seem to find an answer that explains the difference between the two..

Rb1boxer_3

Is the difference just that the low angle step comes out away from the jeep body more to create a more step up inside the jeep? I am trying to find the one that would provide for more clearance but can't seem to find an answer that explains the difference between the two..
Only difference everyone talks about is step vs no step. Same clearance. I have the angled ones. 20170530_161409.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

kirstinthemermaid

Yeah one is to provide a step and the other just comes in more tight against the body. I don't want a step so I am purchasing the regular ones this week and getting rid of my Rubicon sliders. I could have prevented my body damage if I would have had these instead.

Havoc40

I love my low angles. Bought them mostly for other people but have since learned to use them. Personally, I think the regular version look better though. Either way you can't go wrong. If you think you could benefit from more of a step, buy the low angles. Otherwise get the regular version. 20170414_123252.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

J33P1N

EVO Rock Sliders

How much do you guys pay for welding the EVO rock sliders to frame? Just purchase one and wondering about the installation part.

Thanks!

JAGS

Hooked
How much do you guys pay for welding the EVO rock sliders to frame? Just purchase one and wondering about the installation part.

Thanks!

A "weld shop" will charge less than a 4x4 shop. That said, you need a quality welder or the point of weld on sliders is moot.

I paid $100 and needed to help the welder with location and spacing of the slider.

J33P1N

EVO Rock Sliders

Can you let me know where you all had them installed for those prices? I'm in the Northern OC area.

Thanks!

kirstinthemermaid

A "weld shop" will charge less than a 4x4 shop. That said, you need a quality welder or the point of weld on sliders is moot.

I paid $100 and needed to help the welder with location and spacing of the slider.

Yep the same thing with mine. Had a professional welder install mine and just had to let him know where to place them and whatnot. They do amazing work and it's inexpensive.

chipper

Not sure if you decided yet but this may help. Pick came from their FB
IMG_5361.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J33P1N

EVO rock sliders

Thanks for those pics Chipper, I was looking everywhere for those kind of pictures.
Still searching for a good priced welding shop near northern OC California.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Thanks for those pics Chipper, I was looking everywhere for those kind of pictures.
Still searching for a good priced welding shop near northern OC California.

LoL... ORE is in Fullerton, why not have them do it?

Top Bottom