07 PSC power steering upgrade

Zach1215

Hey guys, getting ready to buy this kit from PSC. Doesn't come with ram or steering box but has everything else I'd assume, don't know much about my steering yet but I haven't heard one negative thing about them, I'm wondering what kind of difference am I going to feel after this is on? I'm on a 2.5 suspension lift and 285/70/17 tires

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Zach1215

You still need to buy the ram and either send your box in to get ported or buy a pre ported box.
Right but I figure being on 33s and my current stock steering is going out so I could just get this for now and run it till I can get 37s and then get the ram and the box, was wondering if anyone ran this specific kit

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I would look into the PSC big bore XD steering box. It's a few dollars more than what you posted, but it's a complete kit that will turn your tires. It is good up to 37" tires, and "Spicy Chicken" uses that setup on 40's.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
What part of your setup is "going out"? What you posted is just a pump thats needed to run the ported box, wont help your stock box at all. I would suggest like others have said just get the big bore box and dont mess with a ram, especially with the tires you are currently on.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I would look into the PSC big bore XD steering box. It's a few dollars more than what you posted, but it's a complete kit that will turn your tires. It is good up to 37" tires, and "Spicy Chicken" uses that setup on 40's.

I am interested in the XD box myself. I am looking at upgrading my entire steering system.
I wonder if PSC will have an option of porting this box to add the entire kit if desired in the future.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Right but I figure being on 33s and my current stock steering is going out so I could just get this for now and run it till I can get 37s and then get the ram and the box, was wondering if anyone ran this specific kit

What exactly is "going out" on your stock steering?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I believe it's the pump, not 100% sure but I get a vibration when turning at low speeds and it's just a little uncomforting, I'm seeing this kit on sale at 4WP and been thinking about it for a while

Whatever vibration you're feeling is not related to your steering pump. If your steering pump were going bad, you would hear it and/or feel it being that it'll be difficult to steer.

Zach1215

Whatever vibration you're feeling is not related to your steering pump. If your steering pump were going bad, you would hear it and/or feel it being that it'll be difficult to steer.
It's not all that bad so I suppose I shouldn't really worry about it right now but I'm thinking if I get this kit it would have me ready to run a ram and the ported box when I can get bigger tires and it'd be a few less things to worry about

jeeeep

Hooked
It's not all that bad so I suppose I shouldn't really worry about it right now but I'm thinking if I get this kit it would have me ready to run a ram and the ported box when I can get bigger tires and it'd be a few less things to worry about

don't think that kit will do anything for your stock setup, the flow and pressure may be too much for the stock steering box.

digress....I'm not a fan of 4WP - what you end up with may be older stuff or they changed something out in the kit with their own Chinese made parts...who knows.

I haven't had good experiences with 4WP which is why I've quit using them....end digress

I'd call PSC and ask.

but as mentioned, if your pump isn't making noise or you're not having steering issues I'd wait.

Zach1215

don't think that kit will do anything for your stock setup, the flow and pressure may be too much for the stock steering box.

digress....I'm not a fan of 4WP - what you end up with may be older stuff or they changed something out in the kit with their own Chinese made parts...who knows.

I haven't had good experiences with 4WP which is why I've quit using them....end digress

I'd call PSC and ask.

but as mentioned, if your pump isn't making noise or you're not having steering issues I'd wait.
I guess you're right, I'm probably just starstruck by brand name haha, will probably focus on other things. I'm sure if end up paying more for individual pieces anyway instead of buying the whole hydro set up

Top Bottom