If I'm getting 33s what size lift should I get? What do I replace for the lift?

isaiasrodriguez

I'm new to the jeep world and I intend to know everything about my jeep. I'm in this forum 24/7. I have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler x stick all around. Any help and tips would be appreciated!! IMG_0564.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Welcome to Wayalife, I have a 99 TJ with 33's, it has a 3 in. lift to fit them. I knew a guy that ran that size with no lift, daily driver and easy scenic trails, never had any problems with it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeepr13

I rubbed a little at full flex with a 4 inch lift and 33s, added a 1.25 inch body lift and was golden (stock flares). Jeep came with a two inch lift and 33s and it rubbed over speed bumps, if you actually plan to wheel it, do the correct amount of lift. Flat fenders or a high line kit would help if you want less lift

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As Gadget said, on a TJ, you'll want to be running 3" of lift to clear 33's. If you're on a budget, you can kind of do it with 2" coil spacers and a 1" body lift too.

isaiasrodriguez

Welcome to Wayalife, I have a 99 TJ with 33's, it has a 3 in. lift to fit them. I knew a guy that ran that size with no lift, daily driver and easy scenic trails, never had any problems with it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Did he rub with the tires? I'm thinking about getting a 3.25 or 3.75 lift and i don't wanna rub. I do plan on trailing, would spacers work if I do?

sm31

Dpgoffroad...

I've been extremely happy with my lift on 33" MTR-K's. I've been on all sorts of heavy terrain with no rubbing, although my wheels do have 1" less back spacing than stock wheels.

I bought the "ultimate kit" from www.dpgoffroad.com. Total lift is 3.5". The ride quality, stance, and flex are all exceptional IMO.

You'll never find better service or advice than you get from Dirk. In fact, you really should give him a call. He has been around for a very long time, and is widely respected in the business. He likes to personally discuss potential purchases with anyone who wants advice, and he'll spend all the time you need.

Top Bottom