Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: CANCELED My AAA Premier Road Side Assistance - Think You're Covered? Think Again

Quote Originally Posted by krdadlamb View Post
    I've used AAA once to tow our Jeep. Noted, it's not in the same ball park as anything Eddie has. First, I was only about 5 miles from the dealership where it was being towed. Second, all the driver did the entire time of getting the Jeep on the flat bed was complain about how much he and his company hated AAA. His truck, and all the others from his company all have a very large AAA sticker on them. He stated that Good Sam was significantly better to work with. I haven't given it another thought until now. And then over the weekend, while shopping for a little camp trailer to pull, the RV dealer and sales rep spent 10 minutes telling us how awesome Good Sam is. I haven't taken the time to do much digging, especially regarding a modified vehicle, but initially Good Sam looks cheaper, not that that means much, if they won't preform when needed.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I used to have AAA and had varying degrees of success with it. Many years ago I was able to get my '85 CJ-7 towed home to Lawrenceville, GA from Tellico after I had some electrical problems that prevented me from getting it running to where I could get it home. Other times when I need it in normal circumstances I've had to wait an asburd amount of time to get a tow. I came to find out from a driver that their AAA requests basically go to the bottom of their queue, because they pay so little that tow companies will choose to go to other calls first.

I haven't had AAA since I switched to USAA several years back. They take way better care of you.

Huh, I forgot about this thread. Ironically I used AAA when my Tcase blew in Nebraska on my way to EJS this past April. I know I'm not near as wide as Moby is but both AAA and the flatbed driver were awesome. In fact the owner of the towing company ended up becoming a buddy. I keep my AAA primarily for my 3 daughters to use if necessary as two of them live 2 hours from me now. Hope everyone else has good luck in the future with them.

aaa.jpg

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    My wife was recently in an accident in her work car. The insured uses AAA insurance. Itís absoluely the worst insurance company I have ever had to deal with.

The car starts intermittently after the accident. AAA claims itís from a wear item and was not caused from the accident. They wonít cover it (about $700 repair), it always started and now it doesnít.

I filed a claim with the state, but it doesnít look good. Fuck AAA. Iíll never use them
    Again.
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

Quote Originally Posted by piginajeep View Post
    My wife was recently in an accident in her work car. The insured uses AAA insurance. Itís absoluely the worst insurance company I have ever had to deal with.

The car starts intermittently after the accident. AAA claims itís from a wear item and was not caused from the accident. They wonít cover it (about $700 repair), it always started and now it doesnít.

I filed a claim with the state, but it doesnít look good. Fuck AAA. Iíll never use them
    Again.
    I have heard they are horrible to deal with. In my accident the other party was insured by them but let it lapse so I only had to deal with my insurance's uninsured motorist side. That actually worked better as I got my full deductible returned.

Fresh Catch
    Yea, Iíve heard of this happening, crazy stuff.

I had to use AAA when my Liberty sheared the rack and pinion mount. The guy came with a flatbed and started getting it on the truck. he asked me where I was going and I told him where and it was about 21 miles (I have the 200 mile plan btw) in relatively heavy traffic. When I told him where, he became exceptionally irate and started yelling and throwing hardware and straps... he eventually calmed down and on the way was all pissed at AAA and said he was supposed to get off work in 30 minutes, but my tow was going to take at least 2 hours... If I recall correctly he was going to do something with his kids maybe... But he let me know it wasnít me... he was irritated with the situation.

Another time I had a dead battery about 10 miles in on maintained forest roads. AAA said if itís not on pavement, they are not coming... I sort of expected that one.

Anyhow, thatís my experience with AAA.

I have Geico and itís been decent thus far, however, I have heard that if any claim is made for an incident thatís not on pavement, it wonít be covered. Makes me wonder if I hit a deer or anther yahoo driving way too fast on forest roads hits me or causes some other sort of damage to occur on forest roads will be covered. I really should just ask directly.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021