Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Trail Ready Beadlock Wheels Installation Write-Up

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Oh, without question the Trail Ready's are so much easier and faster to install if only because they use regular bolts. Using a 12-point socket, you're pretty much on every bolt without even thinking about it. Getting an allen socket in and out of every bolt can be a bit tedious and will slow you down quite a bit. Also, the Trail Ready spacers help eat up a lot of the distance you need to wrench. Of course, the Slab do have much thicker rings and bigger bolts that do require a higher torque setting too. In other words, more wrenching.
    this is one of the reasons I hesitate to disassemble my Chamber Pro's ...I do not look forward to all those allen sockets and inserts.

they're still tight, no leaks but I know i'll need to replace several of them just from the looks of the corrosion.

took a long ass time to run those bolts down in increments to keep it all even. you don't think about the gap until you've been on the same wheel for awhile then take look and still more gap to close...never realized how long it takes to get to 21ft/lbs lol

if these were mounted on ATX slabs/Chamber Pros would there be a gap between the ring and wheel since those wheels don't have spacers? what about the 37" coopers on ATX wheels? are the spacers absolutely necessary, or could you tighten the bolts down enough to close the gap?

Trail Ready Beadlock Wheels Installation Write-Up

Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    if these were mounted on ATX slabs/Chamber Pros would there be a gap between the ring and wheel since those wheels don't have spacers? what about the 37" coopers on ATX wheels? are the spacers absolutely necessary, or could you tighten the bolts down enough to close the gap?
    I believe the spacer is a trail ready and method wheel thing only. Those are the only two I have seen the spacers used on.

But yes my 37" coopers and chamber pros are clamped nice and tight
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    I believe the spacer is a trail ready and method wheel thing only. Those are the only two I have seen the spacers used on.

But yes my 37" coopers and chamber pros are clamped nice and tight
    Thanks, Good to know, going to try to mount them tomorrow!

Knows a Thing or Two
    How do you tell if you need the spacers? I have trail readys and probably gonna go with trail Grapplers 40-13.5. Thanks! This is very helpful to me since I'm new to beadlocks!

Although I doubt I'll ever run beadlocks, I still love seeing this stuff. Great write-up. Question I've always wondered: What keeps the tire from not coming off the inboard side? I understand the outer side being clamped, but what about the inner bead?
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

I have two questions...:

-How can I recognize when it's mandatory to use a spacer on a wheel?

-Are the bolt thread directly made on the aluminium or are there some metallic insert?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Although I doubt I'll ever run beadlocks, I still love seeing this stuff. Great write-up. Question I've always wondered: What keeps the tire from not coming off the inboard side? I understand the outer side being clamped, but what about the inner bead?
    The inner bead is held in by a huge outer lip and a huge inner lip to keep it from popping off. It's a both to pop by hand and that's why eddie takes them to a tire shop to dismount the inner bead.

You can kinda see on my chamber pros the large inner lip
    IMG_7296.jpg

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    Thanks, Good to know, going to try to mount them tomorrow!
    When you get started with the rings and see how big that gap is between the ring and wheel you'll swear there is no way in hell that they will ever clamp together. They will, it just takes a while. You have to keep chasing the bolts in a circle until they do. Never mounted anything but Coopers but they have one monster of a bead. Not sure how they compare to Nitto's though.

Quote Originally Posted by Guascone View Post
    I have two questions...:

-How can I recognize when it's mandatory to use a spacer on a wheel?

-Are the bolt thread directly made on the aluminium or are there some metallic insert?

Thanks!
    Not sure about the spacer but the ring bolts thread into steel inserts in the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    When you get started with the rings and see how big that gap is between the ring and wheel you'll swear there is no way in hell that they will ever clamp together. They will, it just takes a while. You have to keep chasing the bolts in a circle until they do. Never mounted anything but Coopers but they have one monster of a bead. Not sure how they compare to Nitto's though.

Not sure about the spacer but the ring bolts thread into steel inserts in the wheel.
    Thanks for the answer!

Method wheels are threaded on the aluminium? Right?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast