Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Trail Ready Beadlock Wheels Installation Write-Up

Knows a Thing or Two
    Quote Originally Posted by JKbrick View Post
    Start at post 53

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks! I’ve looked at this entire thread multiple times and missed that completely. Awesome! Getting pumped to get this major upgrade competed

Quote Originally Posted by mastrcruse View Post
    Interesting! There isn’t a single bolt that looks an ounce longer than any other haha! I’m working with 40-13.5 Trail Grapplers which don’t require The spacer so I think I should be good.
    You can pick up starter bolts from Home Depot. Just bring that size you have and buy two or three. I usually use them on new tires that are really stiff. Once the are used there really is no need to use the longer bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2012 Jeep Wrangler

Knows a Thing or Two
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    You can pick up starter bolts from Home Depot. Just bring that size you have and buy two or three. I usually use them on new tires that are really stiff. Once the are used there really is no need to use the longer bolts.

I think this is a good idea. Its better to have them and not need em'. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn Sizzle View Post
    Thanks man, ordered them today!

Where did you order them from? Little suckers are crazy expensive.

TRU WW Build Thread
    Evo Bolt-on Coilover Suspension
    Elite ProRock XD60/80 Axle-Set
    40” Cooper's on ATX Beadlocks

Quote Originally Posted by aTX427 View Post
    Where did you order them from? Little suckers are crazy expensive.

Yeah they are! Cheapest I found was on Summit Racing, $19.95 for 4. Gotta order 8 of them

'95 YJ, 5-speed with 3.5" lift on 33s - Sold
    '13 JK Unlimited, "Rocktrooper", MC GC on 37s - Sold
    '12 JK Unlimited, currently being built
    It's never just a Jeep.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    This is correct...in my business, most torque values are in inch/lbs, and all fasteners are lubricated with specific lubricants...with no allowance for variation due to viscosity differences.

On another note...all analog torque wrenches are completely inaccurate for the first 20% span of scale...in other words, a 0-100 ft/lb torque wrench is not accurate for the first 20 ft/lbs...you cannot use the same torque wrench you tighten lugs nuts with that you do bead lock rim bolts...

Yup! It’s best to have a torque wrench for all the different ranges you may need. I know I have at least three different ones for the values I need to hit.
    October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Knows a Thing or Two
    Got my first one done. Was a bad install but it was tedious for my first time. They’ll go faster (this one took 45 minutes).

Question...I didn’t hear a “pop” when the rear bead seated. The tire is holding 30 psi and has no leaks (tested with soap). Does a pop always happen? Did I do something wrong? Tried to picture the rear bead and you can see the wheel seated in the bead.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Knows a Thing or Two
    Here isn’t the front bead. I would say it sits deeper into the tire and goes a little bit past the ribbed section of the tire.

Nothing but a Thing TrainWreck618's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mastrcruse View Post
    Got my first one done. Was a bad install but it was tedious for my first time. They’ll go faster (this one took 45 minutes).

Question...I didn’t hear a “pop” when the rear bead seated. The tire is holding 30 psi and has no leaks (tested with soap). Does a pop always happen? Did I do something wrong? Tried to picture the rear bead and you can see the wheel seated in the bead.
    Looks good, you won't always hear a pop.

Knows a Thing or Two
    Awesome! Thanks guys! This has been a ton of help!

First one is complete and nearly through the 2nd. Color combo came out exactly how I wanted it. Anvil inner, black ring, pink bolts.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast