Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Trail Ready Beadlock Wheels Installation Write-Up

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    I'm no engineer, but from real world experience with my wife, she is not a happy camper if I use the same torque unlubricated as I would lubricated.
    I totally missed this until piginajeep bumped it

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    LOL!! You know, the more you talk to them, the more you make me question running their wheels.
    Just go hand tight and a quarter grunt.

IMG_2909.JPG
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Knows a Thing or Two
    Hey Eddie,

Got my bolts and rings back from powercoating and was looking over your write up to prepare to do this tomorrow/saturday. Quick question, you mentioned 4 longer, silver starter bolts. I never noticed any different type of bolt when I received the hardware packets. I just lined them up and none of them seem to be longer than others. Were your starter bolts noticeably longer?

On the TR website it describes the hardware package as but if the starter bolts is something you recommend to make the job easier I wanted to confirm..any tricks and tips to make it easier.

Parts included: example is HD17
    1) Wheel
    2) Aluminum Clamp Ring
    3) 24 ea. 1-1/4” 5/16” grade 8 bolts
    4) 24 ea. Plated 5/16” Washers
    5) 1 ea. Valve stem

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mastrcruse; 10-12-2017 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mastrcruse View Post
    Hey Eddie,

Got my bolts and rings back from powercoating and was looking over your write up to prepare to do this tomorrow/saturday. Quick question, you mentioned 4 longer, silver starter bolts. I never noticed any different type of bolt when I received the hardware packets. I just lined them up and none of them seem to be longer than others. Were your starter bolts noticeably longer?

Thanks!
    Yup, they were noticeably longer. I should note, I included that info because it was on their instructions but I didn't think they were really needed. Probably depends on the tire you're working with.

Knows a Thing or Two
    Yup, they were noticeably longer. I should note, I included that info because it was on their instructions but I didn't think they were really needed. Probably depends on the tire you're working with.
    Interesting! There isn’t a single bolt that looks an ounce longer than any other haha! I’m working with 40-13.5 Trail Grapplers which don’t require The spacer so I think I should be good.

Interesting! There isn’t a single bolt that looks an ounce longer than any other haha! I’m working with 40-13.5 Trail Grapplers which don’t require The spacer so I think I should be good.
    Oh yeah, I'm sure you'll be fine without them.

Exactly!

Being that wet values are always LESS and by a considerable amount, tightening to dry values WILL leave you with bolts that have been over-torqued. This is one of the main reasons why guys end up with broken bolts.
    This is correct...in my business, most torque values are in inch/lbs, and all fasteners are lubricated with specific lubricants...with no allowance for variation due to viscosity differences.

On another note...all analog torque wrenches are completely inaccurate for the first 20% span of scale...in other words, a 0-100 ft/lb torque wrench is not accurate for the first 20 ft/lbs...you cannot use the same torque wrench you tighten lugs nuts with that you do bead lock rim bolts...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    Gorilla lug nuts. Part # GOR-76197XXB

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Thanks man, ordered them today!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    '95 YJ, 5-speed with 3.5" lift on 33s - Sold
    '13 JK Unlimited, "Rocktrooper", MC GC on 37s - Sold
    '12 JK Unlimited, currently being built
    It's never just a Jeep.....

Knows a Thing or Two
    Ive seen some recommendations to use anti-seize on the bolts. Is this a recommendation?

Ive seen some recommendations to use anti-seize on the bolts. Is this a recommendation?
    Start at post 53

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast