Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wrangler Engine Defect: Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Jeep & FCA

Wrangler Engine Defect: Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Jeep & FCA

2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

Glad to see this. I just read about it on Facebook. I had the same issue and the dealer wanted to charge me a bunch of money for the oil cooler to be replaced. After getting pissed off I called jeep directly and it got replaced. There's a bunch of complaints previously to the lawsuit about this issue on the DOT page. I made a complaint too. Some jeeps have caught fire and I was told I was lucky mine didn't by 2 different places.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch

Wrangler Engine Defect: Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Jeep & FCA

I have a 2014, just went through the hassle of dealing with the oil cooler crack around 39K. I also have the issue with heating and the video that popped up on youtube ... bingo - have my attention. I have yet to take it in for the inadequate heating.

Forgive my layman's take, appears improper cleaning of the motor during mfg - leaving debris which causes sludge to impact the radiator/heater/cooling system.

Forums helped me lock down a dealer on the oil cooler crack ... what is everyone seeing in their jeeps?

Fresh Catch
    I have a 2014 also. No problems yet. Fingers crossed x

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

14 sport also, what is the heating issue?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Not enough de-frost or regular heat to keep the front windshield free of ice. Have not taken in since its summer, but the dealership believes its the heater core. The two winter storms were not even the worst that SD has to offer. Blades skip and ice building from the bottom corners on up. Some regrettable feeling wells up ... sell it, because this can't happen if caught in a real good blizzard etc on the interstate. When I crossed this lawsuit, wow...sounds like a spot on description with the heating.

What bugs me is I missed this while researching before purchase to begin with ... all these model years, mechanics, and hard core jeep folks -- uproar? Brown Slime

Also have a 2014 and no big issues with mine so far

So you want everyone to bitch about their Jeep?
    en hopup veritas

Your punctuation and grammar is that of a 6th grader. Finish your thoughts completely before starting a new sentence. I really hope you have a good lawyer for this lawsuit because the judge will laugh at you if you try and represent yourself.

RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Fresh Catch
    Everyone talks about class action lawsuits. When do you or ever hear that the individuals whom been effected actually received enough compensation in an appropriate time frame? The lawyers will keep on bargaining until you left with nothing. By that time it would be 2131 and you will not even care what happened to you such a long time ago. If every jk had this problem then that is an issue but the odds are against. Usually it can be drilled down to an individual mechanic accidentally missing something. Don't get me wrong I would be p.o. too. Focus on fixing the problem instead of doing a witch hunt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast