Why are dealerships asking more than sticker?

REBLSPY

I'm going to buy a JK within the next 6 months and have been looking at a lot of 2015 and up Unlimited Rubicons. Some of these used vehicles have over 20,000 miles on them and the dealers are asking more than what the sticker price was originally. What are you guys paying for a lightly used Rubi? I'd like a 15-17 with less than 20k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Dealerships operate on supply and demand. If the demand is greater than the supply the prices go up.

They regularly get above sticker on specialty/Halo vehicles like the GT40/Viper/Shelby/ etc, etc. Jeeps have fantastic resell value as well as you are finding out.
I saw this 04 "Scrambler" last week at a dealership here in Pa for $23k! Pretty sure TJ's never stickered at $24.

0524171435_resized (002).jpg

scull20

Not if you want a JK - The JL's are comin up for 2018!

Edit: Anyone know when they will stop making the JK's? I know its probably in the JL thread somewhere

I thought I read that for the first model year, or part of it the JK and JL would be produced together. Though maybe to just build up JL stock?

jesse3638

Hooked
I was in the same boat when I bought mine. Couldn't find anything with less than 30k on the ODO and all were $25k+. Discovered the 2012's were getting the new motor so I ordered one for a few thousand more. I used the tread lightly discount and it worked out better for me. 10 more payments and its mine free and clear..:)

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom