The 4.0L-ish build begins

PT1400

So I picked up a new to me 4.0L engine for $60. I talked to the owner and he had some rod knock issues so ,like a chump, he replaced the oil pump. That didn't solve the issue. Instead he pulled the engine blah blah blah he sold it to me site unseen. He thinks he's getting rid of his latest lawn ornament until I pull up in my service truck. I work for Caterpillar. You should've seen the guys face! After he and his buddies loaded it FOR me, he asked me my plans. All I said was, "Stroker Engine, Thanks!" Got in the truck and left as his buddies called him a f*ing idiot.

Got it home and up on the engine stand. Popped the oil pan and valve cover. Sprayed down the internals with solvent and looked around. Immediately saw a broken piston skirt on cylinder 3. Closed it all up and rolled it into the corner

The whole purpose of this build is to give me one more reason to spend time with my son. He's almost 10 and I work a lot of long hours. Even if the block ends up being junk, it's worth every penny.

We got the head off and got the everything moving again. The engine had definitely spent a week or two in Oregon's famously sunny winter weather!

TRLJNKY

What an awesome project to do with your son. Great find!

It's half past f'it with the CAPS lock on!

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
That's awesome! Congratulations! Very cool you get to do that with your son! My Dad had his own engine shop and I remember helping him. That's what got me started being a gear head. Like father like son!

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom