Ordered the Dynatrac Serious performance PR44/60 axle set - few questions ?

Deacon

First question , has anyone received yet ? I ordered 2 weeks ago and was told a mid August delivery (8-10 weeks ETA), just curious as to install advice and suggestions.

This will be installed on my white 16 JKUR, have a 3.5" MC GC lift. Currently have 315/70-17 GY Duratracs on RR XHD wheels. But will be replacing the shocks,wheels and tires.

Have on order King F/R reservoir shocks with adjusters (ETA 2 weeks), ordering Nitto 37 Ridge Grapplers and still deciding between the Machete beadlocks or the Method 105's . Ask a question in another thread but will be getting Adams 1350s front /rear.

But at this point I'm questioning myself if I shouldn't have just ordered the 60/60 package since I'm this far in. I'm pretty sure I'll never go to 40's , not fortunate enough to live at Moab (live in NC)
For 37's any negatives not going bigger axles, I know with more , I'm future proofing but at the same time don't want to spend out the extra cash for something I don't need and won't use to the full benefit. Any idea about how much more weight the 60/60 is compared to the pr44/60 axle set.

Silly question but have to ask because I don't know the answer, I have an LOD rear tire carrier with the 3 studs, if I was to get 60's then I'd have to get 8 x6.5 wheels, would these fit the rear tire carrier or would I have to modify that also?

tgoss

This is basically the axle set that I just moved on from so I'll chime in.

There have been many threads already over the debate of just going to 60's over this package and the true answer I can honestly give you is if you can, the just do it.

The stronger housings, stronger unit bearings, full width, full float, locking hubs etc are all worth the extra coin in my opinion.

However, I ran that set up on 37's for 2 years and I was more than happy and the axles were MORE than up to every task I asked of them. I never once had an issue.

I wanted bigger suspension and 40's so the bump to 60's was necessary for me... for you, it's all about how hard you play and what you will ultimately use your Jeep for to justify tons.

Benito

Caught the Bug
if it were me, and it is what i did, i would have just got the hardcore 60/60 set. you are already buying new wheels and drive shafts, the extra 2k would have been well worth it in my opinion.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
But at this point I'm questioning myself if I shouldn't have just ordered the 60/60 package since I'm this far in. I'm pretty sure I'll never go to 40's , not fortunate enough to live at Moab (live in NC)
For 37's any negatives not going bigger axles, I know with more , I'm future proofing but at the same time don't want to spend out the extra cash for something I don't need and won't use to the full benefit. Any idea about how much more weight the 60/60 is compared to the pr44/60 axle set.

If all you're ever going to do is run 37's, the 44/60 you just ordered will be a great setup and one that'll provide superior ground clearance and allow for the same tight steering you have now. Of course, the price difference isn't all that much different and I don't think the added unsprung weight is necessarily a bad thing.

Silly question but have to ask because I don't know the answer, I have an LOD rear tire carrier with the 3 studs, if I was to get 60's then I'd have to get 8 x6.5 wheels, would these fit the rear tire carrier or would I have to modify that also?

If you were to go 60's, you could get them in a 5x5.5 with 9/16" racing studs instead of 8-lug and LoD should offer a mount for that. If you do go 8-lug, you will need to have them custom make you a mount.

Ddays

Hooked
I have this setup on 37's. I went with the semi-float and that's the only issue I've ever had - I did bend a flange but I was running spacers at the time. I took them off so we'll see how it goes from now on. IMHO, I wish Dynatrac would offer a PR44/60 combo that had a full float rear along with 5 x 5.5 hubs up front so you could run a matched set of wheels. Eddie did this for a while on Rubicat with adapters but it would be awesome it they offered a hub with that stud pattern. That would be a dream setup for guys like me that are never jumping from 37's to 40's.

Paws

I had the same thought now that my build is under way after a 3-4 yeah hiatus. I'm going 60/60. Looked at the 44/60 and had the same thought. And I know myself, if I'm thinking it may as well do it as I won't be happy with my choice otherwise. Not that it's a bad choice, but knowing I may go bigger later...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

I'm going 60/60 long term (I hope) without plans for 40s. The 60/60 with 37s just seems pretty bullet proof for a little extra coin.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
First question , has anyone received yet ? I ordered 2 weeks ago and was told a mid August delivery (8-10 weeks ETA), just curious as to install advice and suggestions.

This will be installed on my white 16 JKUR, have a 3.5" MC GC lift. Currently have 315/70-17 GY Duratracs on RR XHD wheels. But will be replacing the shocks,wheels and tires.

Have on order King F/R reservoir shocks with adjusters (ETA 2 weeks), ordering Nitto 37 Ridge Grapplers and still deciding between the Machete beadlocks or the Method 105's . Ask a question in another thread but will be getting Adams 1350s front /rear.

I am in the middle of doing the 60/60 upgrade and 40s. Talked to LoD last week and they have a 8 lug attachment for the tire carrier.

Deacon

Good info to all, much appreciated. Decisions, decisions.

Last question for now.

I know the pr44/60 states direct replacement with swapping in stock knuckles..... is the 60/60 also a direct replacement with no modifications.....?

I'm assuming I still have time to change my order if wanted.

And again, thanks

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
For the small price difference a 60/60 it seems like a good idea. I couldn't do it all at once and that limited me. Knowing I was going to 37's and staying there I knew the front Prorock 44 would do the job. A rear 60 is in the future, but a long way off so my wheels are the small bolt pattern and they work for now. The long term plan is to get the rear 60 with the 5x5.5 bolt pattern and change the front over to 60 outers on the 44. At that point I'll sell my wheels for what I can get and buy new ones with the right bolt pattern. If I had the ability to have done it all at once, I probably would have gone 60's all around from the beginning. Cost difference and mis-matched bolt pattern between front and rear is why I didn't go 60 in the first place, but as you can see it is costing me more in the long run. Probably would have been better off getting a loan and paying the interest.

Last edited:

tgoss

Good info to all, much appreciated. Decisions, decisions.

Last question for now.

I know the pr44/60 states direct replacement with swapping in stock knuckles..... is the 60/60 also a direct replacement with no modifications.....?

I'm assuming I still have time to change my order if wanted.

And again, thanks

The 60/60 hardcore package comes tip to tip including Dynatracs D60 knuckles and LH steering arm, all bracketry installed for Jeep Jk's.

And I wouldn't assume anything until you contact Dynatrac about your order, meaning I would call Steve first thing on Monday... Companies who build high end components like these aren't always so thrilled to change purchase orders due to material and part sourcing even if the client is trying to spend more money. It's a pain in the ass on their end.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
The 60/60 hardcore package comes tip to tip including Dynatracs D60 knuckles and LH steering arm, all bracketry installed for Jeep Jk's.

And I wouldn't assume anything until you contact Dynatrac about your order, meaning I would call Steve first thing on Monday... Companies who build high end components like these aren't always so thrilled to change purchase orders due to material and part sourcing even if the client is trying to spend more money. It's a pain in the ass on their end.

What do you mean by LH steering arm? I was told they don't come with a drag link?

tgoss

Steering arm is bolted to the top of the knuckle on either side for LH or RH drive vehicles.... it's what you would bolt the drag link to... these are molded into D44 knuckles but are bolted on for D60's.

Deacon

Ok, thought it was the last question earlier but have one more. I currently run a flipped drag link with the reverse taper from steer smarts. Works as directed with no concerns....any idea if this would still work.??..

So many questions...asking now, because we're leaving on a cruise and be gone a week 😀 with no internet...😂..

tgoss

Ok, thought it was the last question earlier but have one more. I currently run a flipped drag link with the reverse taper from steer smarts. Works as directed with no concerns....any idea if this would still work.??..

So many questions...asking now, because we're leaving on a cruise and be gone a week 😀 with no internet...😂..

Dynatrac's PR60 front axle is designed to work with a stock style drag link so no your flipped set up will not transfer over unfortunately.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug

So many questions...asking now, because we're leaving on a cruise and be gone a week [emoji3] with no internet...[emoji23]..

No, Steve at Dynatrac told me I would need to get a standard non flipped draglink.

Top Bottom