Some sights from 2017 Bantam Jeep festival

Ddays

Hooked
The crowd was huge this year at the Invasion in downtown Butler
We got there early & glad we did. They were lined up at least a half mile to get into downtown.

0609171736_resized.jpg

Had my daughter signed up for the Babes of Bantam trail ride. She had a good time.

0609171347_resized.jpg

Enterprising individual selling water. Thought it was cool until I saw a different kid holding the exact same sign an hour later

0609171305_resized.jpg

Saw this little dude having a blast at the invasion. How perfect? Got a fresh bottle of milk, a pack of crackers, getting pushed around and looking at all the cool Jeeps

0609171851_resized.jpg

Spotted a Wayalifer - never did get to see whose this was though

0609171814_resized.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Some curiosities

When you install a raised track bar bracket, aren't you supposed to actually raise the track bar? This was on a vendor Jeep.

0609171103_resized.jpg
0609171103a_resized.jpg

For WJCO. Hi Big D

0609171150_resized.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen a Ford motor transplant in a Jeep. Nice 289 conversion

0609171738_resized.jpg

Got driveshaft angle bro? :crazyeyes: Not that this Scrambler would ever see dirt, but still.

0609171741_resized.jpg

Another Eddie ripoff

0609171747_resized.jpg

This Willys Overland was badass cool.

0609171803_resized.jpg
0609171803a_resized.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
This guy really gets around!

0609171840_resized.jpg

And he knows how to travel!

0609171841_resized.jpg

No idea what this guy is ready for but its something. DUAL Hilifts no less!

0609171838a_resized.jpg

?

0609171848_resized.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Can anyone ID these wheels? They must have been a factory option as a simulated beadlock wheel because the wheel itself looks factory with the "Hutchinson" cast into it. The studs have a metal backup plate but it's nowhere even close to the bead of the tire.

0609171844_resized.jpg

0609171845_resized.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome pics and funny commentary! Glad you and your daughter had a good time and thank you for sharing :thumb:

Ddays

Hooked
I've always found the fascination with the Confederate flag curious. Not when you're actually IN the South, I get that. But up North these guys are all over the place.
This guy is a born & bred Western Pa guy and the Jeep is from PA. :thinking: Eh, to each their own I guess, I just don't get it.

I'm not even gonna comment on the vendor at the trade show portion of the event with all of the Nazi & swastica parephenilia for sale :shock:
My daughter & I both looked at each other like WTF?

0609171914_resized.jpg

Rose among all the thorns. Sadly the only Wayalife banner I saw all weekend was mine. I did see Drew/SaharaUnlimited driving in between events but that was it.

0609171918_resized.jpg

Andy5160

Hooked
Jerry

Thank you for sharing and i am sure you will see plenty of WAL decals next weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
This was a cool display put on this year

IMG_6863.jpg

And here is the O.G. of GPs (Jeeps), the Bantam BRC. Bantam motor company was the first to deliver a lightweight utility vehicle to the military during World War II to be followed by Willys-Overland MB and the Ford GPW.

IMG_6864.jpg

And here's.... my rig (sorry for the shameless plug in your thread Ddays)

IMG_6897.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Nice thread, Jerry. Did you get Dennis' autograph?

I told WJCO I came thiiiiiiis close to asking him to pose with me for a pic but I just couldn't do it.

Glad everyone added to this - Drew - sorry I missed meeting up with you and I love the plug of your Jeep!

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug

Glad everyone added to this - Drew - sorry I missed meeting up with you and I love the plug of your Jeep!

I tried to catch up to you but by the time I spotted you, I was already off to the left where the trail section was. I'm guessing you went right for the event u were running.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom